Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Awaited 68 Camaro Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blue Bird,
Glad I could provide some motivation! Lord knows I've gotten a lot of motivation from build threads across this site to keep me going.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

Unfortunately, the third member never arrived so I had to cancel the order until I get moved into the new house. I was able to use some scrap tubing though between the axles just to get the car onto all 4 wheels for transport.

I was able to get the new door hinges installed myself with a fairly creative use of paint sticks and bungee cords to get it aligned. It actually worked pretty darn good.

http://images2.snapfish.com/23232323...65%3C259ot1lsi
Old 05-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

There was also a problem when installing the 4th gen wheels... For some reason I had it in my head that they were 17" and would fit the tru turn but I was very wrong, they were 16". The heim tie rod would hit the rim so I had to make my own just to keep the wheels straight to pull it on the trailer... A little redneck engineering can really get you out of a bind the night before your supposed to move...

I cut the head off of a 5/8" bolt and welded a nut on the end. Once I took off the rideteck outer tie rod I threaded this into the tie rod sleeve and ran a bolt and a bunch of washers through the steering arm. This kept the wheels straight to winch the car on trailer.

Ghetto! But effective until i make up my mind on what wheels to go with
Old 05-17-2014, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

Big Day, finally off of jack stands and on her own weight! and look at all the room I have for some big meats in the back!!!

My two helpers there to help get it out of the shop...

Old 05-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Well... It's going to be a while before any more updates. I just moved down to Savanna last week and won't be closing on the new house until the 27th. Then its going to be at least a few weeks before i get all my stuff and put the shop into a condition to get back to work. I was able to get a lot of work done in my short 6 month stay in Augusta but really glad to be able to be in the same house with my wife again!!! Thank you Army.

Here is the last shot of the car before making the drive down to Fort Stewart.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looking good

Quick Reply: Long Awaited 68 Camaro Build