Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 03:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 603 Likes on 479 Posts

Looks good. Keep up the good work !!!
Old 01-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still plugging away at the rear sheetmetal. The passenger side inner wheelhouse was positioned oddly from the factory, and so the deep tub fits the same. The bead on both interfered with the rear seat back. I cut the gap large enough to fit and will weld it up. The things they did 40 years ago...

Think I am going to stabilize the rear of the car with braces before I take the trunk floor out so the body doesn't collapse into a taco.

70 Camaro with 98LS1 (hopefully)-cvl7mwll.jpg

Does anyone know where to get these trunk gussets? Mine are crusty.
70 Camaro with 98LS1 (hopefully)-otxeqi3l.jpg
Old 03-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have made some progress and will put up some pics soon.

I got the LS\6 speed out of the 98 and set it into the subframe for the 70. I used the Hooker/Holley mounts and I think it looks OK. They are not the same left and right, and a pic would have been helpful, but I think I got it. If anyone has any pics, I'd like to see them.

I was told the F body accessories will fit my 70, but the alternator seems to hit the motor mount. I have it off the car, but it seems I will have to trim the shroud thing off the back to make it fit. The pan seems to fit OK. I am going to run a Vintage Air AC system, and I wonder how the compressor will fit the lower passenger side? Do they relocate it?

Does anyone know what tranny mount I need to buy? The one off the 98 won't work.

Thanks for looking and any advice is appreciated.

Eric

Quick Reply: 70 Camaro with 98LS1 (hopefully)