Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CX Racing 240sx LS Swap review

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 07:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX Racing 240sx LS Swap review

Well nobody posted an installed review on any forums so I will put my opinion in.

The bad : Well first off the headers are only 1 5/8 ... not really what you'd want on a high performance ls1 . On cylinders 8 and 7 your going to want to run 90 deg. boot ends to run these headers. The passenger header collecter for no reason hangs way lower then the drivers side. The drivers side header for 4l60e users well all I can say is the collector points directly at the shift lever on the transmission really no possible way to run exhaust pipe off it. So you will bassicly have to cut the collecter off and point it the opposite direction. There is no 02 bungs . The transmission crossover provided in this kit fits but not without modifying the drivers side forward facing bolt hole on a 4l60e application.

The customer service sucks as far as technical support goes phone and email there seems to be confusion about oil capacity on there end of the oil pan I asked a specific question of oil pan alone capacity and was given a range was told it would hold 5 to 6qts by CX racing tech .which we all know you don't want your oil level so high the crankshaft drags in the oil.

The good : It does work, It does fit, price is the best out there. Mounts are nice ,oil pan is decent you don't have to cut any of the windage tray unlike sikky,and the sump sits great between the sway bar and crossmember. Fittment as far as hood closing is decent you may have to trim the bracing under the hood. headers are easy to go in and out if you have the smaller brake booster I do like the V band on the end of the header collectors. Had enough room to run trimmed up Altima fans.

My notes to any buyer of this kit : 90 deg boots for the back two cylinders, and use heat sleeves on all 8 cylinders . Oil pan itself will hold a hair over 5qts. Use factory dipstick tube just cut to lenght find a flare nut that will screw onto the nipple on the oil pan and of course flare the end of your dip stick tube,and mark your new oil level.

My notes to CX racing: need to ditch header design all together try 1 3/4 or even 1 7/8 tubing if that is not an option need to at the very least make sure the drivers side collector is running parallel with the subframe instead of pointing it towards the transmission itself, and passanger header collector doesn't need to be as low as it is. For 4l60e application the transmission crossover could use an inch more travel where it bolts to the car at least its needed on the passenger side. I see why you didn't put 02 bungs in the headers but you could if you'd designated them for t56 or 4l60e . Would like it stenght wise if the oil pan would bolt to the transmission like sikkys does.

When funds/time becomes availible I'm going to look into the largest sized tubing Hinson/sikky headers availible for my set up hopefully they will fit using these mounts. Other option would be turbo.

I hope this helps someone.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

PLEASE POST THIS **** ON ZILVIA.net. Cxracing does not share any of this form of information regarding their setup and alot of users over there cant get any info etc. They have a thread in the tech section for their setup.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

Just wondering, would this work on the 240z? Looks like the compartment is pretty close. I have the JCI motor mounts in mine, looks like it might fit.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Hybrid Z would probably have the answer for you. Just a suggestion.

Quick Reply: CX Racing 240sx LS Swap review