Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSeX Boosted Notchback. 5.3,TH400, etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

real question is how you find such a deal for the whole mustanng running for 700 bucks!!!??!?!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fengstang
real question is how you find such a deal for the whole mustanng running for 700 bucks!!!??!?!

I was wondering the same thing! Got lucky I guess haha. It was owned by a younger girl who ended up getting a new car and her dad wanted to sell it because it had been sitting for awhile. Guess she wanted some quick cash. I offered cash in hand and picked up the same day so he bit. If you count the engine and trans and other parts I have sold I only paid 500 bucks haha
Old 04-08-2014, 02:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by FrossB
What stall speed you running? And rear gears?

I'd be giddy like a schoolgirl if I dipped into the 9's. And I'll hopefully be a few hundred pounds lighter than you which will make it a little easier. Thanks for the input!
I think it was supposed to be 3000 but it seems tighter than that. This is a street car more than anything and still has a full interior with ac and power windows so i had them spec it to drive around nicely on the street and it ended up being really tight. I don't see why 9's wouldn't be achievable for you considering you will be gutted and lighter than me.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by geoff17
I think it was supposed to be 3000 but it seems tighter than that. This is a street car more than anything and still has a full interior with ac and power windows so i had them spec it to drive around nicely on the street and it ended up being really tight. I don't see why 9's wouldn't be achievable for you considering you will be gutted and lighter than me.
Sweet. That was the stall speed i had in mind.

What rear gear ratio do you have? Stock 8.8 gears?
Old 04-09-2014, 03:09 PM
9 Second Club

Sweet. That was the stall speed i had in mind.

What rear gear ratio do you have? Stock 8.8 gears?
Sorry I forgot to put that in my earlier response, 3:55's.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Launching!

Small update. Finally got the engine bay done. Cleaned, welded smaller holes, some body filler, few Scott Rod Fab parts, some custom panels and a few coats of satin black paint. It is definitely not perfect but it is much better than before!

Old 04-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Launching!

Next on the agenda is to install the manual rack and AJE K Member this weekend. While I'm at it ill probably coat the fender wells with some undercoating and paint the calipers or something. Probably going to go with that funky purple thats on the prop rod in the previous pics

Also….I need an F Body oil pan!!!!!! Somebody make me a good deal on one!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

looking good. I wish i woulda went on a budget build. mines still in progress...i put a alum 5.7 with a tremec 3550. I spent way too much time on the engine bay and i have bought most stuff brand new.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Launching!

My goal is a budget build but I feel like im wanting wine taste on a beer budget haha

then I try to consider "maybe I should just do it right and how I want, the first time"

Example: my truck oil pan will work fine for my setup. BUUUT an F body pan works way better. Do I really want to have to drop the pan later once the motor is in the car? Not really! Same with the intake manifold. My truck intake will be fine...but I would really love an Edelbrock Pro Flo XT haha

My ultimate idea is to have my car track ready and how I want for under 10 grand.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Anybody know off hand if a ctsv oil pan will work without modifying with the AJE k member. I've seen posts about f body working perfect but not much about ctsv pan. By the looks and dimensions it should be good. Just wanted to see if anybody knew for sure!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

Yea i emailed PTC about a trans and stall for my setup and never heard back. Probably just give them a call. I've heard good things about them. Thanks for the recommendations
When you get ready for a PTC converter I can help you.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Pm'd you Dustin!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:28 PM
Launching!

So I can't seem to find a direct answer on this...but will an lsa oil pan from a ctsv fit okay with an AJE K member? Finding an F body oil pan that isn't priced like it's gold is hard to do lol I know it's not quite as shallow as an F body but it sits about flush with the k member which is better than the truck pan.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Small update:

Dropped the stock front end out. Im slowly getting into less of a "budget build" mind set and more of a "do it right the first time" mindset haha that being said, I will probably be going with some tubular A arms and coilovers up front.

Also bought and received some new stuff:
-LS6 valve springs
-MLS head gaskets
-LS2 timing chain set
-Ebay head studs
-CTS-V Oil Pan kit
-Accessory bracket/idler pulley to remove power steering

My next round of purchases will probably be suspension stuff. Im looking at
-QA1 tubular A arms
-Granatelli 175lb coil overs
-Strange Adjustable struts

Im pretty sure all those parts will jive together with each other and the AJE K member.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Another small update:

Possibly selling my 5.3 to a buddy. He offered me more than I paid for mine so it was a good deal. Ill pick up another here soon...possibly a 6.0.

Also, decided to scrap the plan of tubular A arms and coilovers for now. Just going to stick with the stock 4cyl front springs, AJE springs perches, and some Strange 10way struts (all of which are on the way). Id rather get the thing running, then go back and upgrade major suspension parts.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Lol your having the same problem I'm having. I'm just getting started on my swap and wanted to stick with a budget build because "Im not in a rush" but now that I've gotten started its getting hard to stick to it. Engine bay looks pretty good man. Stick to your guns
Old 05-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Launching!

I know it's tough! I just need to stay within my means on it. And realize that I don't have the budget for a fully built car.

My goal is to have it track ready by next season...which shouldn't be hard. I have a special savings account that I can't access until next February and that will be at about 4000 by then...That'll be the final push of parts haha
Old 05-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another small update:

Possibly selling my 5.3 to a buddy. He offered me more than I paid for mine so it was a good deal. Ill pick up another here soon...possibly a 6.0.

Also, decided to scrap the plan of tubular A arms and coilovers for now. Just going to stick with the stock 4cyl front springs, AJE springs perches, and some Strange 10way struts (all of which are on the way). Id rather get the thing running, then go back and upgrade major suspension parts.
Just buy all the stuff from my car! or hell, buy the whole car!! Id make you a killlllller deal on it.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Don't tempt me man! hahaha
Old 05-22-2014, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Budget be damned, go for it lol

Quick Reply: LSeX Boosted Notchback. 5.3,TH400, etc