Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e mod to cable speedo

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeJTR
Even if you could accurately drill a hole in the appropriate place, and add a bung for the cable, you still have to run a 40-tooth reluctor ring for the PCM.

Welding a bung on the tail-housing can be done, but the welds are usually porous due to the material used on the tail-housing, so it has to be sealed with some sort of material, which sometimes comes off.
Thanks for responding Mike.Isn't this already done on the t56 tailshaft housings?Looks like someone would try the 4l60e-4l80e,anyone?
Old 04-22-2014, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zipster
Sorry about that. I just wanted to respond to gofastwclass, that we are still working on this. I did not mean to hijack this thread. I just wanted to respond. The tailshaft mod could be another good option.
Don't worry about jacking the thread,glad to hear you haven't given up on this.I wondered what happened to you .It just seems like a better simpler solution for this if you or someone can get it all worked out.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I ordered Dakota VHX analog gauges for my SS cluster and couldn't be happier. After reviewing all the other options and the high costs for some sort of adapter coupled with the fact a car with an ls swap clearly isn't super strict on "looking original" it was an easy choice for me.

I enjoy the gauges and their special features a lot more than I would knowing I spent several hundred dollars just to make the dimly lit stock stuff work. Selling the stock SS gauges also offset a nice chunk of the cost.

Quick Reply: 4l60e mod to cable speedo