Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 911 ls3 swap no spark

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 01:32 PM
LSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 911 ls3 swap no spark

Ahhh this is driving me crazy we thought it would fire right up. So on cranking we're not getting any spark. Here's some info about the setup and what I've checked so far. Been talking with Renegade and GMPP and still nothing conclusive.

Running an erod package with the controller setup for manual transmission.
The computer has solid 12v power when the car key is set to on.
The only code thrown is P0315 which to my understanding is done after the car is running.
I know the computer is working because I get rpm showing up when I crank it over.
Double and triple checked the three grounds, for the hell of it we checked every bit of the engine and found the odd side coil pack bracket was the only ungrounded piece so we grounded that.
Every plug on the harness is connected except for the vss.
We have solid 12v power at the coil pack bank connector and then 12v power at the individual coil. However testing the signal wire on the coil while cranking I only saw about up to 10mV but we're not sure what V the ecm pushes to the coil.
The crank and cam position sensor plugs are in and firmly seated.

One of the prevailing theories is that it may need to be taken to the dealer to have the ecm reflashed but I just don't know.

The most frustrating part is dealing with gmpp support. The guys are really great big shout out to Kevin who's been really helpful but they're just so hamstringed by GM who doesn't want to share any information for fear of lawsuits and just wanting you to take it to the dealer it can get frustrating. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks, David
Old 04-19-2014, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you getting 12v to the coils WHILE cranking? if not then one your 12v source is incorrect, try a different source. I remember reading about something similar, so try a search for "new build won't start". I'll see if I can find it also. Also check to see if the 12v source to the computer goes away while cranking
Old 04-19-2014, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have seen 3 gmpp erod ls3's with faulty pcm's. might want to verify pcm.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:19 PM
LSA

Originally Posted by Fierofly
Are you getting 12v to the coils WHILE cranking? if not then one your 12v source is incorrect, try a different source. I remember reading about something similar, so try a search for "new build won't start". I'll see if I can find it also. Also check to see if the 12v source to the computer goes away while cranking
Yes we have 12v to the coils while cranking. The computer should still have 12v considering I get rpm on my gauge when it's cranking. Thanks, I'll take a look.

Originally Posted by cobalt964
I have seen 3 gmpp erod ls3's with faulty pcm's. might want to verify pcm.
Verify how?

Quick Reply: 02 911 ls3 swap no spark