Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker G-Body LS Swap System Preview

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 02:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick_R_23
Thank you Todd! 1/4” on the evaporator would be acceptable, I saw your initial install had 5/8” (I’m hoping I get that lucky!), but either way I’m sure removing the coils, bracket, and likely valve cover would go a long way on making the engine wedge in there a little better.

So, the truck accessories will fit fine and the PS pulley will clear either style steering box just fine as long as I’m using the intended holes. I don’t want to use the stock truck compressor or notch the frame, so as long as the Holley high mount A/C with the OE style compressor will be compatible with the truck accessories, that would be a good setup.

I haven’t been under to look at the TH350 crossmember, but would it still be compatible with the Holley exhaust system? Or what keeps the Holley crossmember from working with a TH350? The mounting pad is pretty close to a 4L60e.
Yes, the PS pulley will clear all three types of steering boxes (605, Saginaw 700/800 and Delphi 600) with the engine positioned where intended by the design of the Hooker Blackheart system.The Holley high mount A/C set will also work with the truck accessory drive, you just have to buy and use the appropriate spacer kit with it to align it with the truck accessory drive components.

The Hooker Blackheart exhaust system is not compatible with the stock TH350 or 2004R transmission crossmembers as they don't have the underside clearance required to install it. The mount on a TH350 is 4" further forward than it is on the LS type 4L60E transmission (multi-piece case with the mount in the extension housing) that the Hooker Blackheart transmission crossmember was designed to be used with. Even with that, the 4L60E mount is picked up with an adapter bracket that cantilevers forward off of the center pad of the Hooker Blackheart crossmember by about 2.5", so there's just too great a span to deal with to provide compatibility with the TH350 transmission. It would take a specific crossmember to accommodate that transmission and there's not enough potential sales volume to justify the cost of development.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Excellent, that will work perfect with the accessories and A/C mount.

A 4L60e should be easy enough to come up with to make that work. No idea if my current trans is even usable.
Old 04-17-2021, 02:54 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hiya Toddoky: I am planning to install my LSA in the Monte soon. I am running truck spacing on the 6.0 LQ4, and would like to have the AC mounted low on the passenger side. Will your 20-159 low mount AC bracket work ?
BR Jerry
Old 04-17-2021, 06:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Yes, it will.
The following users liked this post:
witman69 (04-18-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What transmission dip stick are you using with this set up? Thanks, David
Old 12-02-2021, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to run Lokar flexible for the trans and oil dipsticks. Nothing else fit!

Quick Reply: New Hooker G-Body LS Swap System Preview