Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015 | 06:21 PM
Teching In

Default need help!!

So a supposed shop that does ls swaps did my swap. I have an lq9 being ran by a fast ez efi\ fast xim. In a 92 Silverado, the only guages they could get to work was fuel and battery. They completely cut out the factory harness. From what I can find I'm going to have to get Dakota digital mgi-5/8 to run my tack and speedo. Am I able to wire the therm. And oil pressure direct?
Old 01-19-2015 | 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by vissiajs
So a supposed shop that does ls swaps did my swap. I have an lq9 being ran by a fast ez efi\ fast xim. In a 92 Silverado, the only guages they could get to work was fuel and battery. They completely cut out the factory harness. From what I can find I'm going to have to get Dakota digital mgi-5/8 to run my tack and speedo. Am I able to wire the therm. And oil pressure direct?
You should be able to wire a temp sensor and oil pressure back to the dash. I would not try to piggy back with any sensors that the FAST uses. That can lead to inaccurate readings.
Old 01-19-2015 | 07:02 PM
Teching In

Default ok

Originally Posted by redline2k
You should be able to wire a temp sensor and oil pressure back to the dash. I would not try to piggy back with any sensors that the FAST uses. That can lead to inaccurate readings.
I wasn't sure if they went to ecm first like the speedo and tach does.
Old 01-19-2015 | 09:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by vissiajs
I wasn't sure if they went to ecm first like the speedo and tach does.
The ecu has an engine coolant temp sensor, but no oil pressure sensor. You just need to add the 2 sensors and wire to dash. The temp wire on the dash should be green, and the oil pressure should be tan.
Old 01-20-2015 | 07:19 PM
Teching In

Default thank you

Originally Posted by redline2k
The ecu has an engine coolant temp sensor, but no oil pressure sensor. You just need to add the 2 sensors and wire to dash. The temp wire on the dash should be green, and the oil pressure should be tan.
Thank you very much.

Quick Reply: need help!!