Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

56 Ford F100 LS 5.3 swap - fuel in oil!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
You also want to check the voltage on that circuit with it loaded. Doing that will check the integrity of the entire circuit from the PCM to the ECT and back to the PCM on the return/signal side.

It's difficult to diag something over the internet. If this came into my shop this is where I would start(after looking at any DTC's and freeze frame data).

Depending on the results will dictate where to go next.
Too bad your not closer, I would def. trailer it to you. All of the shops i've talked to around here don't "specialize" in LS swaps, mainly they do High performance LS work and they don't want to touch it.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:31 AM
Staging Lane

You also want to check the voltage on that circuit with it loaded. Doing that will check the integrity of the entire circuit from the PCM to the ECT and back to the PCM on the return/signal side.

It's difficult to diag something over the internet. If this came into my shop this is where I would start(after looking at any DTC's and freeze frame data).

Depending on the results will dictate where to go next.
One other thing I did notice, when I changed the oil a few days ago and started it again, it sounded healthy UNTIL I gave it a little gas. I revved it up to 2k RPM's or so, and the oil pressure went almost to 20 psi, then when it hit idle it started stumbling and sounding like it wasn't hitting on all cylinders. I watched the oil pressure go down to zero, then I killed it.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Would a stuck lifter cause the oiling problem? how do I check that?
Old 05-14-2015, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 905 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by 91frppgt
Would a stuck lifter cause the oiling problem? how do I check that?
No it won't. The oiling problem is the result of the oil being saturated with fuel which makes the oil thinner and break down.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

No it won't. The oiling problem is the result of the oil being saturated with fuel which makes the oil thinner and break down.
Yeah I figured that. Guess my next step is to get my hands dirty and pull out the motor. I will check ohm the ECT sensor and see what's going on with that.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

figured I would bump this thread...

I got a built LS1 now, 243 heads that are milled a bit, forged pistons/rods, custom Cam Motion cam, built 4160e circle D trans with their 2B stall...Really excited to get this project going again! Truck is currently back at the paint shop for a few issues, should have it back in a few days. Pictures to follow!
Old 11-18-2015, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

oh yeah, and it will be getting a dyno tune before I even try to fire it up! I'm pretty damn sure after talking with several people, and my symptoms that my "mail order tune" from PCM4less ruined my other motor. Live and learn, never again.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Yep! That's exactly what it was. My buddies camaro was doing the same thing when we fired up his swap. We didn't even drive his, we just knew it was way off so we took it in for a tune and had it fixed before his first test drive.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

glad to hear of your progress, momentum and determination to get it completed!

Doug

Quick Reply: 56 Ford F100 LS 5.3 swap - fuel in oil!