Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo LQ4/4L80E Dakota Father/Son project underway!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't updated in a while. Well, good news and bad news. Good news is there was some minor progress on the engine, as we bow have the long block completed (minus the rocker arms).

Now the bad. I went to title the truck in my name before we start ripping it apart. Well, DMV informed me there is a newer title issued for it, so I need that title signed over to me to apply for the new title. I contacted the buyer broker that I used to purchase the truck from Long Island COPART. They contacted COPART and explained the situation. They did get back to me and let me know a duplicate will be applied for.

After 3 weeks I contacted the broker, and they told me to contact COPART directly. I contacted COPART, and left a message with one of the phone people. I was told I will get a call back within 24 hours. No call. I called the next day, and spoke to Sandy. She told me it will be another 4 to 6 weeks till I get a title. I told her I've already waited 3 weeks, and that's unacceptable. I want to return the truck (keep in mind it's a $500 truck). Instead of just trying to get an immediate ok from the manager, she told me the broker has to contact her. I then called the broker, he called there and used his finesse, and 2 hours later I dropped it off for a refund. Sandy was nice in person though, way different than over the phone. I've had issues with COPART in the past, their customer service is poor whenever I've needed it. The buyer broker I used, Alpine Auto Gallery, which is listed on the COPART site, was awesome. Without them I'd still be fighting this.

Guess I'll be shopping for another car or truck!
Old 07-15-2016, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a bummer. Glad to hear you got your money back. Now you can look for something else without having to worry about getting rid of that one.

I have 1/2 a GTO in my yard right now that I can't get rid of salvage yards and scrap steel places won't take it because I don't have the title. If I cut it in small enough pieces, I think my trash guys may take it over several months.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by casias
That's a bummer. Glad to hear you got your money back. Now you can look for something else without having to worry about getting rid of that one.

I have 1/2 a GTO in my yard right now that I can't get rid of salvage yards and scrap steel places won't take it because I don't have the title. If I cut it in small enough pieces, I think my trash guys may take it over several months.
Not sure how they do it down there, but in NY there is a form you can fill out at the dismantlers yard that states you own the vehicle and it is legal for you to dispose of it. Try looking into it down there if they have something similar.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

We have the same thing in Michigan. When I had some guy come out to take my Green S-10, the Donor cab that came with it and the 2500HD engine donor, I had titles for all 3, but they weren't in my name. I had to fill out a form that said that I was legally authorized to sell these vehicles.

Jay
Old 07-16-2016, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by b4ctrooper
Not sure how they do it down there, but in NY there is a form you can fill out at the dismantlers yard that states you own the vehicle and it is legal for you to dispose of it. Try looking into it down there if they have something similar.
In my part of Florida, most people just push it off the side of the road and wait for the county to pick it up.

Although, my neighbor did the right thing and cut a camper trailer up in pieces, and put it by the trash every week until it was gone. That's where I got that idea.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by casias
In my part of Florida, most people just push it off the side of the road and wait for the county to pick it up.

Although, my neighbor did the right thing and cut a camper trailer up in pieces, and put it by the trash every week until it was gone. That's where I got that idea.
HAHA! You could also list it on Craigslist if there is anything good left on it. If not, list it for free. You'd be surprised what people will take if it's free.

Quick Reply: Turbo LQ4/4L80E Dakota Father/Son project underway!