Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 996 Turbo with LS7

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017 | 08:59 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cdk4219
All of the 996 and 997.1 turbos and 2093 up NA 996 and 997.1 also had the 722.6 Mercedes transmission with differential cast into the trans case not sure if the turbo no N/A are the same strength, but gearing is different on the N/A. (About 2600rpm at 65mph) The TCI (trans control module) is all mercedes. There is a great stand alone controller made by Ole Fejer ofgear.de that controls the trans. He is great to work kith and his stand alone is extremely adjustable through the control panel he provides. The only downside is that you will need a lathe to machine the crankshaft hub to converter and bolt stand off to ls flex plate. I used a Kennedy adapter chevy to Porsche. Paddle shift can be used,

Not sure if the turbo
Thank you very much!
The right link is: https://ofgear.dk/
Its from Denmark.

Do you have pics from the Machinework on the crank ?
Old 02-28-2017 | 10:38 AM
TECH Regular

Sorry not much of a picture taker, do I don't have documentation of the converter spacer. I made a crank snout spacer that bolted on the ls crank and made the snout of the 722.6 converter hubcentric ,as well as stopped it from moving toward the crankshaft. Much like the early lq4 crank spacers but if I recall it was around1". I also had to make 3 1" or so converter mounting blocks that bolted to the converter with recessed bolts and allowed the converter to bolt to the ls flex plate. If I recall I also had to drill 3 corresponding holes in the ls flex plate.

I also separated the transcooling and made it its own separate cooling circuit with radiator in front of the center radiator, I don't like trans temps higher than 175, that's just me. If I were to do it again I would modify the trans cooler lines while the trans was out and do alarge air to liquid cooler with fan instead coolant
Old 12-01-2018 | 01:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Autobahn-Outlaw
@mariusl:
Hi,
nice, you are on the project til now.

What type of oiltank do you put in ? And where do you mount it ?
I ask, because i want also to tackle the conversation for a 996 with LS3.
Looking for a good car this time, but i have a LS3 engine from a 2010 Corvette.
It has the Chevy drysump system and i dont know, where to mount the drysump tank.
Sorry about my late reply, the project stopped for "some time", but trying to get it done now!

I have used a tank from peterson fluid systems which I have mounted where the intercooler normally sits. This is really just temporary, as I have had one custom made to sit between the engine room and rear crash beam.

Still need to figure out how to get the CEL to not come on after some driving.
Old 04-24-2020 | 10:27 AM
Teching In

Well, project been collecting dust for quite some time, but finally see some progress again.

So its at least making some power now
Also looking into the canbus msgs, where I am doing at least some (slow) progress - so I can later ditch the Porsche ECU and hopefully get everything working without GM+Porsche sensors etc.
Old 06-30-2021 | 04:48 AM
8 Second Club

any updates

Quick Reply: Porsche 996 Turbo with LS7