Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a low mount AC bracket that is inline with other accessories

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I did some measuring last night & I don't think it will fit without some notching.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Look at bandit daves build . He is putting a Lsa / 5.3 in a cutlass using a low mount Ac .
Old 08-13-2016, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

If that won't fit without notching, then nothing will down low. I have a S10, and I notched. It really isn't bad to do. I still don't have my a/c setup yet, because when I built mine, I had a CTSV compressor, but the only take off blocks you can get for those, are from GM, and they are ~ $300, by themselves, so now I am changing to a different compressor, and the Corvette one won't fit where the take off is, so now I am thinking this might work.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Default mount

First question for you is, can you fabricate?? If so there was a post a few years back from a guy who built just what you are looking for, but for a 508, there is the deal, if you can change his pattern, which he sent to me, you will have what you want. I have made a few off his pattern with a few mods of my own and they work fine with no notching whatsoever.....
Old 08-16-2016, 08:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oldngray
First question for you is, can you fabricate?? If so there was a post a few years back from a guy who built just what you are looking for, but for a 508, there is the deal, if you can change his pattern, which he sent to me, you will have what you want. I have made a few off his pattern with a few mods of my own and they work fine with no notching whatsoever.....
Yes, I have access to CADD software, & know a guy with a CNC plasma cutter, & I have both a MIG & TIG (Not great on the TIG yet).

But, that being said, like RPTURBO said, i'm pretty sure as well that it cant be done without notching the front crossmember.

Last edited by samckitt; 08-16-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a low mount AC bracket that is inline with other accessories