Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 - LS1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 07:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Updates, lots of updates!

With my dog having an expensive surgery with such a long healing time (and my hectic work schedule), I decided to take my car to a local shop who specializes in high-end cars and custom builds. They hadn't done a Porsche LS swap yet, but they took it on.

Engine is in, cooling system completed, wiring all done, etc etc. Just waiting on a custom throttle cable. The car has been street driven (just down the street, of course) and all is good!! These guys also build custom exhausts for exotics, so they will be building a nice one for me.....hopefully next week (And hopefully not at an "exotic" price....haha).

The intake also needs to be decided on/built. That should be wrapped up soon as well. Currently we are using a tube/filter that sticks out of the engine bay. haha. The throttle body was hitting the underside of the decklid in a serious way.....so I found (luckily) a guy who modified a turbo decklid to fit his narrow body 996 (in black!!!) that had sold the car and was selling the decklid for cheap. This one only needed to be trimmed a little, and no major cutting like most other ones.

I think that's all for now. The guy building my car has taken photos along the way and will be starting his build thread once the car is done. I'll let him air out the good and the bad with some of the parts we used.

On another note, my other dog just tore his ACL!!! So $7000+ in dog ACL surgeries in the last few months. Imagine what I could have done to this car with that $7000. haha
Old 12-16-2017, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it's been almost 6 months since my last post. My apologies for being gone for so long......but I've been enjoying the hell out of this car!

Yep, it's been done for a while now and I've been able to put several thousand miles on it since completion. I am quite pleased with how it turned out.

I'm currently traveling, but will be sure to post pics and vids when I get back home.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 - LS1 swap