Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sikky - Are they REALLY worth all the extra cash for an S13 swap kit.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 02:52 AM
Launching!

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Sikky - Are they REALLY worth all the extra cash for an S13 swap kit.

I know I already started a thread regarding the value of the Sikky oil pan vs others. But this is for the swap kit in general. I finally sold my LT1 T56, and have cash in hand to proceed with my swap. So now I need to get a mount kit. The Sikky kit seems to be held in VERY high regard compared to everything else. But they are pricey to say the least - $1750 for their basic kit. If, as in my case, you are using the T56 Magnum, they want $100 more for a kit with the shorter driveshaft vs their kit for the standard T56. So $1850. By contrast, I can get the Hooker/Creative Steel mounts, a Moroso 20146 oil pan, a driveshaft from the Driveshaft Shop, and a generic remote filter and lines for $1000-$1100. Is this REALLY such a bad option? Or should I just cough up the cash for the Sikky kit rather than cutting corners and piecing my own stuff together with the Hooker/Creative Steel/Moroso/Driveshaft Shop setup?
Old 08-26-2016, 05:31 AM
Banned

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by StorminMatt
I know I already started a thread regarding the value of the Sikky oil pan vs others. But this is for the swap kit in general. I finally sold my LT1 T56, and have cash in hand to proceed with my swap. So now I need to get a mount kit. The Sikky kit seems to be held in VERY high regard compared to everything else. But they are pricey to say the least - $1750 for their basic kit. If, as in my case, you are using the T56 Magnum, they want $100 more for a kit with the shorter driveshaft vs their kit for the standard T56. So $1850. By contrast, I can get the Hooker/Creative Steel mounts, a Moroso 20146 oil pan, a driveshaft from the Driveshaft Shop, and a generic remote filter and lines for $1000-$1100. Is this REALLY such a bad option? Or should I just cough up the cash for the Sikky kit rather than cutting corners and piecing my own stuff together with the Hooker/Creative Steel/Moroso/Driveshaft Shop setup?
The Hooker S13/T56 mounting components locate the engine/trans in the same location as the Sikky set-up, so you only have to determine if the extra cost is worth it to you to have engine brackets made from CNC'd aluminum compared to fabricated steel...I would guess that there might be a 4-5 lb. weight savings between the two.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sikky is a good product and if you piece your own kit together (unless you are going turbo or making your own headers) the cost of buying the components separately comes out to about the same. If you are thinking about a kit I would also consider Fueled Racing. A bit more expensive but my favorite kit on the market. Solid design and motor sits lower and closer to the firwewall than other kits.

Quick Reply: Sikky - Are they REALLY worth all the extra cash for an S13 swap kit.