Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 and 4l60 swap into 36 chevy truck shift issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 and 4l60 swap into 36 chevy truck shift issues

After 11 years we got everything back together after tear down for paint and now having shift issues. Can someone steer me in the right direction. Trans shop says throwing codes P1637 Gen L terminal andp1638 Gen F terminal.

Everything shifted fine until we reinstalled everything after paint. Keep in mind this was over a couple of years.

Questions- I want to go back over my wiring. I am running a 1 wire alternator. Does the ECM need to see this anywhere? For now I have the alt connected direct to battery for charging. Volt meter in dash is wired so it just picks up on 12 volt current from the fuse panel. Is this OK?

I am running a street and performance harness. I am thinking it was pretty much plug and play wit the exception of the orange power wire and ground. Any more anyone can think of here I might check?

It is drive by wire. 2002 corvette with torque tube and 4l60e. It is getting power to the 11 pin on the trans connection.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Alternator codes won't affect your shifting,just delete them in your tune and the pcm won't care about the charging circuit.Describe what your trans issue is,someone will have some tips for you.

Quick Reply: LS1 and 4l60 swap into 36 chevy truck shift issues