Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swap done, but has no power

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap done, but has no power

I have completed my 5.3 aluminum block swap w t56 into a 1986 volvo 240. the engine is stock, and there are no vacuum leaks. there is no cel, but i have only driven it about a mile or less. i have a psi harness, ans computer. in neutral, the car does not really want to rev, and in first it barely even accelerates. i am going to work on it tomorrow, and any help or suggestions as to where i shoukd start my search are welcome. thanks.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Check fuel pressure. Should be around 58 psi. What DTC do you have?
Old 09-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Teching In

I scanned, and it had no codes. Maybe I will just drive it a little more, and see if any codes pop up. I am planning to check fuel pressure at the rail.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor57
I have completed my 5.3 aluminum block swap w t56 into a 1986 volvo 240. the engine is stock, and there are no vacuum leaks. there is no cel, but i have only driven it about a mile or less. i have a psi harness, ans computer. in neutral, the car does not really want to rev, and in first it barely even accelerates. i am going to work on it tomorrow, and any help or suggestions as to where i shoukd start my search are welcome. thanks.
Your engine has discovered that it's in a Volvo - and it now has no will to live. Sorry man.

OK, being a bit more serious, fuel pressure at the rail seems like a good place to start, but any more info you could provide would be helpful. Could be a fueling issue, or maybe an exhaust blockage (I had the internals of a stock catalytic converter come apart on me once, showed similar symptoms). Good luck.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Thanks. i know i am not providing a ton of info, as i havent really gotten to troubleshoot much yet. while i can not rule anything out 100% the exhaust is new from the block back, with no cats. So it is not likely an exhaust issue. I hope to fix it tomoorrow. If i am unabke to, i will at least have some more info.

Quick Reply: swap done, but has no power