Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Belt Tensioner Options, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016 | 04:14 AM
Teching In

Default Belt Tensioner Options, Need Help

I am in the process of doing my first build. I have a 1983 Camaro that I am swapping an LQ4 6.0L with a 4l80e into.

At the moment I have purchased a turbo kit and the crossover pipe is running right where the belt tensioner on the water pump should bolt onto (see included pictures). I am not running A/C, but I am running alt and p/s. I have a LS6 intake on currently and have made the switch to the car accessories.

I have sent an email to the support team for the company that manufactures the kit at the end of last week, hoping that they would get back to me with the specifics on what front driver accessory kit they used.

I have not heard back from the company yet, so I am reaching out to the forum to see if anyone has any suggestions on how I can include a tensioner into the front accessories.

Let me know if any more details are needed and I will reply to the thread ASAP. Also I would prefer not to have to modify the piping itself because I don’t have the ability to weld stainless at home and the car doesn’t run to take it somewhere, but if no other options come through then obviously I will have to.

Old 11-06-2016 | 09:16 PM
Teching In

After a bunch of research and no replies on here I have come to the conclusion that, if I want to run a Alt, P/S and a stock water pump there is no way around not having this tensioner.

I have finally heard back from the company on this issue. After alot of back and forth at the end of last week it seems that we have come to an agreement that the kit was fabricated wrong. At this point in time the kit has been taken off of their website and is not available until they have fixed it.

The company at the same time has out right refused to give me any type of refund stating that they would like to remake the kit and send me out the new parts that are required for me to use this kit. I am at the mercy of this company at this point seeing as I am in Canada and they are in California. The time line for the new parts to be completed is 2 - 3 weeks.

If the kit is actually re - fabbed which I actually do hope they do I will post an update letting you guys see the finished results. In the case that the kit is not completed in 2 - 3 weeks I will be doing some sort of write up to let everyone know which company to avoid.
Old 11-06-2016 | 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member
10 Year Member

turbo kit dealer---in california---hmmmm wonder who that could be?
Old 11-08-2016 | 06:34 PM
jmd
TECH Addict
20 Year Member

There is some new enforcement of CA regs. on off-highway parts.

Maybe .ca.gov needs to hear from raaneal.ca
Especially if 2-3 weeks turns into a more Hennescrewed timeframe.
Can't you dispute stuff with your charge card, or was this purchased ages ago?
Old 11-08-2016 | 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

The people selling it would certainly be a pertinent detail to add. That way if others had issues they could comment with some degree of knowledge, and if people were shopping around they would know who to avoid or question further before ordering. Perhaps the people you bought from are garbage or perhaps it was an honest mistake, but as is there isn't much anyone can do with the info provided. Stating the name of a manufacturer is not vendor bashing, it's just keeping people honest and giving them the chance to demonstrate their customer service skills.
Old 11-17-2016 | 10:16 PM
Teching In

Well it has hit the 2 week mark now. I have been in contact with the company CXracing, and it would seems someone else purchased this kit before I talked to them and they took it off their website , and is having the same issues as I am. I have searched around online and have not seen where they have posted anything. I would like to get in contact with this other person having the issues as there is power in numbers.

At this time though I am supposed to be receiving an email tomorrow Friday the 18th with updates on this kit and by the sounds of it it shouldn't be much longer until I have what I need.

Starting to find out quickly though that anyone will say what you want to hear just to get you off the phone quickly.
Old 11-28-2016 | 11:30 PM
Teching In

Just got an email for CXracing today, and it sounds like they modified the passenger side header and the crossover. I am supposed to be getting a tracking number tomorrow and the parts will be on the way.

I am sure this will lead into some other problems with the modification. It will probably change the geometry of something and will cause all of the intercooler piping not to line up.

So I wish I could just rename the thread at this point, but Im just going to keep adding to it. Since this kit has taken a while to get back to me I decided to do a few other things I wasnt really planning in the mean time.

Cam out, heads off, and ready for some upgrades. LQ9 confirmed

New springs vs Old springs

New springs being installed

All back together, new cam, new gaskets, new ARP headbolts, new springs, new rods, and once again waiting for my turbo kit.

Installed A/C delete blower motor box.

Blew up my harness and started modifying it as per the LT1swap.com guide. Never took any pictures of it all lumed back up.

Last edited by Raaneal; 11-29-2016 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-23-2016 | 06:38 PM
Teching In

Default New pieces

Well I got the new pieces a bit ago, but have been busy with work and whatever else. Heres a quick update and the end solution tl this issue.
Old 12-24-2016 | 08:30 AM
Teching In

Well after all the waitinf here are the pics of the new parts on
Old 01-05-2017 | 12:29 AM
Teching In

Well I guess this will be the last post for this thread. I got the new parts a bit again and they are installed now. After all the hassle it took dealing with the company they followed through with what they said, and everything seems to be fine.
New crosspipe, new passenger side header,

Intercooler
Old 01-05-2017 | 07:02 AM
Staging Lane

glad it all worked out for you and they lived up to their promises

Quick Reply: Belt Tensioner Options, Need Help