Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor Fuel Economy Troubleshooting Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stomperxj
Hart_Rod - I really appreciate you taking the time to look at this stuff...

I have the 0-280-155-890 injectors from an F body LS1 with an LS1 intake off of a 00 camaro. I tried looking up some info on those injectors and honestly didn't know what I was looking at.

I'm going to try to get my wideband installed this coming weekend and go log some drives and some WOT pulls to see what is happening.
I'll try to put the info into a excel spreadsheet tonight and post it for you.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stomperxj
Hart_Rod - I really appreciate you taking the time to look at this stuff...

I have the 0-280-155-890 injectors from an F body LS1 with an LS1 intake off of a 00 camaro. I tried looking up some info on those injectors and honestly didn't know what I was looking at.

I'm going to try to get my wideband installed this coming weekend and go log some drives and some WOT pulls to see what is happening.

I had original compared your tune to a 2002 Z28, when I compared it to a 2000 Camaro, the fuel data looks to be correct. It looks like all your tuner did was update the fuel tables, change tire and gear size and delete out DTCs.

I believe the problem you are having is because the MAF table and the VE table are still the stock tables for your 5.3 motor with the truck intake and injectors. So to piggy back on what was said up above, you need to fully tune your MAF/VE tables.

OBTW: I would not do any WOT pulls until you get the basic part of your tune done first. You are at risk of tearing something up.....just my .02$...

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 02-10-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

Sorry I dropped off here. PM sent.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod
OBTW: I would not do any WOT pulls until you get the basic part of your tune done first. You are at risk of tearing something up.....just my .02$...
Uhh.... oops. I have 2500 miles on this swap so far. Hopefully I haven't damaged anything good to know. Thanks again for taking a look at this.

Originally Posted by rpturbo
Sorry I dropped off here. PM sent.
PM Returned-

Quick Reply: Poor Fuel Economy Troubleshooting Help Needed