Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'90 5.3 240SX-LOJ Swap Kit w/Z32 5MT

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah holley makes some good looking stuff for sure, and yeah Im definitely going to do some lurking around on the forums im sure its been discussed somewhere. But who knows might stick with with original valve covers to save some pennies and possibly a future headache lol. Thanks man.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:02 PM
Teching In

I hate to be the next guy to bump this up. But I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this kit. My only concern is the lack of an exhaust manifold option. Would the headers for their 300zx LS swap not work? I know the 240 chassis is different but it seems like they could still work.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by w0bblez
I hate to be the next guy to bump this up. But I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this kit. My only concern is the lack of an exhaust manifold option. Would the headers for their 300zx LS swap not work? I know the 240 chassis is different but it seems like they could still work.
The Z is a lot wider. I am almost sure any 240 swap kit header would work on the driver side, it is just the passenger side that won't fit.

The Z32 starter sits right where the collector would come out. A custom set is possible, but you start looking at a lot of money there.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Car is for sale as well.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:45 PM
Teching In

odd question, do you know the length of the driveshaft by chance?
Old 09-10-2017, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

very nice
Old 10-25-2017, 12:55 PM

Just cusrious im running the same setup do you ever have issues with cranking your motor i do have higher compression i feel the z32 starter is a weak point
Old 10-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Teching In

When I was running a 8 ga power wire, I did have problems. Switched to 0 ga when I changed my battery setup around, and never had any issues.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:48 PM

Default power steering temps

I know this is a little old now but just discovered this thread and my setup is almost identical to yours. only i am using an ls6 intake/rail/injectors/fpr and a different remote oil filter adapter and oil cooler. I figured i will have a headache fabbing the exhaust around the steerimg column. using the same c6 manifolds that you are. I was thinking about trying a header spacer for a little extra clearance. did you have to make any modifications to the manifold other than replacing the stud with a bolt? my main concern is keeping heat off the power steering rack. have you come up with something to keep ypur temps down yet?
Old 02-28-2018, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by landon.256
I know this is a little old now but just discovered this thread and my setup is almost identical to yours. only i am using an ls6 intake/rail/injectors/fpr and a different remote oil filter adapter and oil cooler. I figured i will have a headache fabbing the exhaust around the steerimg column. using the same c6 manifolds that you are. I was thinking about trying a header spacer for a little extra clearance. did you have to make any modifications to the manifold other than replacing the stud with a bolt? my main concern is keeping heat off the power steering rack. have you come up with something to keep ypur temps down yet?
It was a pain routing the downpipe, but it was mostly because it was my first experience with this kind of work, and I had minimal tools. I think if you could take it to an exhaust shop, something could be fabbed up in no time at all. I did not have to modify the manifold at all.

Heat management was always an issue. I sold the car before I ever got around to doing anything major. I did have flame guard on the hoses and it helped, but my power steering fluid stayed fried. I think what it really needed was an aluminum heat shield made up.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z33kyle
The Z is a lot wider. I am almost sure any 240 swap kit header would work on the driver side, it is just the passenger side that won't fit.

The Z32 starter sits right where the collector would come out. A custom set is possible, but you start looking at a lot of money there.
I hear a lot of guys using trailblazer ss manifolds... just out of curiosity, would you happen to know if there’s any specific year for the trailblazer Manifolds? I have a pair of CX racing long tubes (for t56) that clear on driver side but not passenger side because of where starter sits like you say... thanks
Old 05-12-2020, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by john.k.quinn
I hear a lot of guys using trailblazer ss manifolds... just out of curiosity, would you happen to know if there’s any specific year for the trailblazer Manifolds? I have a pair of CX racing long tubes (for t56) that clear on driver side but not passenger side because of where starter sits like you say... thanks

I haven't seen that setup specifically. I have seen a few sets of shorty headers work or guys cutting up long tubes on the passenger side. Any setup with the Z32 transmission is either gonna need custom down pipes or modifications to long tubes. Another downside to the Z32 trans is they are getting harder to find for cheap nowadays. Unless I got a smoking good deal on a Z32 setup with adapter plate, clutch etc, I am gonna go with a T56 or CD009 for my next build. Now I think the T56 or T56 magnum is the best route to take with this swap but it all depends on what kind of deals you can find. If you can get a decent T56 for $1500, it gives you more clutch and header options, and better gearing. Plus it's just simpler to build, but it isn't easy finding a good T56 that isn't beat to hell for less than $2000 around where I'm at.

Quick Reply: '90 5.3 240SX-LOJ Swap Kit w/Z32 5MT