Drive by wire problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive by wire problem

Need help
Transplanted 2009 tbss 6.0 and 4l70e
Starts and runs fine put it in drive and only 20% throttle roll 20' stop for 10 seconds and full throttle shift out of drive or restart the car process needs to be repeated
HAd multiple tuners look at it and no clue affordable fuel injection made the harness so I'm not positive it's right (they aren't that sharp)
Old 01-01-2017, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good start would be to check connections and grounds. Can have extra grounds as never hurt anything. Pedal and everything from same donor?
Old 01-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Teching In

I agree I have grounds on everything pedal and computers from donor looking at iss but it reads ok on
Old 01-01-2017, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I would following wiring for any damage possible. If none call the company you got harness from. I did mine using Lt1Swap.com with good results.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Teching In

I did and sent everything back to affordable fuel injection and it came back the same
i think I'll have to change the harness as the drive by wire is clearly above them
i would not recommend afi to anyone next to impossible to contact them and while the harness looks good it will not function
the fan controls don't work and many of the plugs where wrong
Old 01-02-2017, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have the trailblazer wiring harness. I'm sure you can work it or get someone to. There a lot of info on the net. Facebook even has info.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Buick4ever
Need help
Transplanted 2009 tbss 6.0 and 4l70e
Starts and runs fine put it in drive and only 20% throttle roll 20' stop for 10 seconds and full throttle shift out of drive or restart the car process needs to be repeated
HAd multiple tuners look at it and no clue affordable fuel injection made the harness so I'm not positive it's right (they aren't that sharp)

I think this is a common E38 swap issue.. we dont have TAC modules its pretty much right to the TB from the pedal. I built my own harness, so its got to be programing related. i'm experiencing somthing similar. But i can go WOT, But if i punch it the pedal goes inop. Do you have your own tuner?
Try gettin all APP DTC's to error on first fail. Im gonna try that next to see if im getting bad reference voltage if not im gonna try messing with the torque management.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you had plugs wrong on the harness, I'd make sure it wasn't actually you that has improper components. Did everything in your swap come from the exact same vehicle? If you had to mix-n-match components from other vehicles, I guarantee that's where your problem is. So many people like to get an engine from here, a PCM from there, a pedal from somewhere else and then try to get a harness made that fits this cobbled-together mess but then get angry when nothing works right. The fact that you even had to get a harness and didn't have one in the first place - sounds like you're mixing-n-matching things.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Everything is from the same donor vehicle
everything works perfectly once I come to a stop and drive for 10 seconds
i'm getting no error codes and the harness I had made was for the swap but I'm not sure if the people at affordable fuel injection got it right

Quick Reply: Drive by wire problem