Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parts from 99 Camaro in 68 LS build

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default parts from 99 Camaro in 68 LS build

Not sure how to even do a search for this topic and in which forum but I'm sure someone has discussed it before.

I'm doing an LS conversion in my 68 Camaro build. See the link in my sig. The drivetrain was taken from a wrecked 99 Camaro. I'm sick of looking at the donor car in my yard so it is going away. I'm wondering if there are any parts I could use from it in the 68 build that I haven't thought of.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Other than the engine and transmission.. there is the Brakes, Radiator, wiring, seats and other interior parts, etc...

I used a 2002 Z28 for my donor car on my Nova build. Took everything out of it.. If I didn't use it, I gave parts away or sold them. I made $3500 from parts and still had what I wanted or needed for my build. Gave the body to the metal scrap yard. I used many of the connector on other wiring projects to make them loook OEM.

Had a guy around here that used just about everyting to swap into his 70 Camaro.. swapped in the dash and gauge cluster, seats and center console. Modded the Intake air tubes and cleaner.

BC

Quick Reply: parts from 99 Camaro in 68 LS build