Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lm7 swap in mind...but can it be more

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017 | 06:40 AM
Teching In

Default Lm7 swap in mind...but can it be more

I would really like to find out from someone that has done it or has pictures of someone that has done this to do a chassis/body swap from a 66 C10 to a 2001 Yukon. I have a great mechanic that can do the regular engine and tranny swap, then I realized the donor 2001 Yukon I bought is a four-wheel drive. That got me thinking would it be possible to swap the bodies and keep all the guts of the Yukon. I have measured and the wheelbase is approximately 1 inch off (if that). And the width is the same. I realize there's more to it than just having the same dimensions. But in everything I read from different forums I can't find anything like this swap. It's all on different model Chevys (80s or 90s). I had no idea you could even do an early model engine swap like an Lm7 until I saw it on YouTube, because I was just searching for a regular 327 or 350 to swap with my Straight 6. Well then the project got bigger. so when I found my donor vehicle at the auction yard I didn't even look to see if it had four wheel drive. Then I found out that not only did the 4-wheel drive work it also ran and drove. So that got me thinking maybe this could be more than an engine and tranny swap. That maybe I could keep the integrity the 5.3 four-wheel drive Yukon chassis and somehow put the 66 C10 on it. So has anyone done is kind of body swap before or have a link to someone that has? Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: Lm7 swap in mind...but can it be more