Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1965 Pontiac Bonneville LQ9

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Coil cover and a little more

I try to find some garage days occasionally , and now first step for the engine compartment are done.. I found a way to cover the coil on firewall, and i cant say other than it looks much better than before.. but one of my weak point is that i never are 100 %satisfied...........

When i start this project, i plan to use this cover, but after a while i changed plans, and put theme on my parts store.. Now i found a plan for using theme...

I need to fix the side of the cover, and fill in for the recesses for plug wire...

homemade bracket and welding...

More work than i first thought.. ,as always.. need some work with glue and padding before paint..

I found an non GM expo tank, but i think it was time for exchanging the plastic coke bottle...

Found a discreet nice place for the exp. tanc in the front of inner wheel house..

Try to do a look a like GM 60`S look. This accesorry came in 66 or 67

before

or after...i`m never 100 % satisfied, but it looks better

Last edited by Tarjaei; 06-08-2021 at 02:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
transam5.7lt1 (02-25-2020)
Old 03-27-2021, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Did you ever finish this build?
If so, is there a youtube video?
Old 03-27-2021, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

coil covers = cool!
Old 06-06-2021, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

I will post some more picture soon. Since last i have restored the dashboard, and mounted retro sound stereo. last day i post this video at facebook

Facebook Post

Last edited by Tarjaei; 06-06-2021 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Smile Dashboard restoration

Last year i have mostly used facebook for picture and comment /posts. A car like this will never be finished, but at a point i have to say to myself, that now, it have to be good enaugh.. After last months work i feel that this point is nearly.
Here is some picture of the dashboard restoration and necesary modifikasjons

You will find most of the picture here https://www.facebook.com/media/set?v...57779922340808

New wood panel from ames

10 coat with clear varmish

have to "chop " the glove box for making space to the ECU

Have to build something, so i could use the original light to radio.. need light for the am/fm panel

Upgrading the light in ash tray.. , ned better light when i dont have cigaret glove.,.

Last edited by Tarjaei; 06-08-2021 at 01:56 PM.
G Atsma (06-06-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Smile Retro Sound Player

At the same time , i restored the Dashboard, i mount and aftermarked Retro Sound player, and necesarry equippement. It is a point for me that things look original, and booster and speaker is covered
With dual speaker in front, and back seat, booster under the seat, you have no stereo feeling, but it works good, and the powe surpriced me

The following 2 users liked this post by Tarjaei:
G Atsma (06-08-2021), Project GatTagO (06-08-2021)
Old 07-18-2021, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

Default Summertime in Norway

Facebook Post
Old 07-18-2021, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,113 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Facebook F---up.....
Old 07-26-2021, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It amazing that these old cars ran on such low tire preasure, my catalina want 28psi. but I ran 30.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did the car ever get finished?
Any videos?
Old 07-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Exclamation Transmission trouble

I've now driven the car for a few years, and to be honest, gearbox problems have been part of the journey after the LS swap. 2 years ago I changed the accumulator pistons and then the shifting problem was fluid from 2nd to 4th gear,,,
This spring I decided to overhaul the gearbox (4L60E) and a local company took on the task. After this the gearbox worked fine for a while, but I have had a recurring problem with the gearbox going into limp mode and locking in 3rd gear. This happens after I've been driving for a while and I'm struggling to figure out what the problem is. When this happens the check engine light comes on and I get fault code P0758. After removing the battery cables, the error resets, and comes back after it has been driven for a while... Recently, 2 error codes for P1517 and P 1518 also came up. This really bothered me, and I would be happy if someone came up with some reasonable suggestions on where the problem is. I have also inserted a new wiring harness in the gearbox, see pictures
Project GatTagO (07-02-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Default Whole issue was a loose ground cable connected with TAC module

Originally Posted by Tarjaei

I've now driven the car for a few years, and to be honest, gearbox problems have been part of the journey after the LS swap. 2 years ago I changed the accumulator pistons and then the shifting problem was fluid from 2nd to 4th gear,,,
This spring I decided to overhaul the gearbox (4L60E) and a local company took on the task. After this the gearbox worked fine for a while, but I have had a recurring problem with the gearbox going into limp mode and locking in 3rd gear. This happens after I've been driving for a while and I'm struggling to figure out what the problem is. When this happens the check engine light comes on and I get fault code P0758. After removing the battery cables, the error resets, and comes back after it has been driven for a while... Recently, 2 error codes for P1517 and P 1518 also came up. This really bothered me, and I would be happy if someone came up with some reasonable suggestions on where the problem is. I have also inserted a new wiring harness in the gearbox, see pictures

Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM
Staging Lane

Cool

Originally Posted by Tarjaei

family ready for a drive

The PO758 is still following me. I thought I had checked out a grounding problem under the dash, but apparently it was a dead end. The short version is that after 30-40 minutes of driving, the engine light comes on, and the car locks in 3rd gear. At the same time as the engine light is on, the speedometer stops working it tells me that the vcc signal is not reaching. And yes, the sensor was bought new a couple of years ago
Last drive I keep driving (to get it home) and after a while the car only works in 2 gears. Trust me, it's really fun sitting in this car, on a freeway, going 30 mph. . This 758 problem is driving me crazy and I can't figure out what the grounding problems are supposed to be. i feel like i'm fighting the phantom blot... . Could it be an ECU problem ? that it buzzes after this f...ng 30 - 40 minutes.. When i came home, i disconnect the battery, and after some hour ( next day ) the problem is disappered. Zero DTC ,and the car drive perfect....( first 30 min...) Something tells me, that this is not a gearbox problem., solenoid and cables are new... I am very happy for input here...

Last edited by Tarjaei; Yesterday at 07:39 AM.

Quick Reply: 1965 Pontiac Bonneville LQ9