Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best ls1 hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004 | 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackBowtie
Just out of curiousity...someone was mentioning kit cars before and that if you built one, it would be registered in the year you first inspected it. I would agree with that. But what if you bought an old car and ripped the tags out, and used those tags for the kit car and said you revised the body and installed a different engine? I don't know who's gonna look at it...I know that when I register my car, they never actually see it. So, why couldn't you buy an old beat up Fiero or something and say that your new kit car is based on the old Fiero(using the Fiero VIN)? That way you're only responsible for passing mid-80s emission levels, not 2004+...
I am building a turbo ls1 powered ultima and you will find each state registers kit car differently. Some base it off completion year others off the year of the block, many have loop holes for kit cars. Best thing to do is call you dmv and find someone who know what they are talking about?

I believe the ultima is the best choice but also the most expensive by far.

mark
Old 11-29-2004 | 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

my only concern with a fiero would be how wide of a tire you could fit. with the engine in the trunk i couldnt see a very big tire back there
Old 11-29-2004 | 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hear alot of talk about the fiero, but what about the mr2? those are alot nicer looking than the fiero, and also use the MR platform.
Old 12-01-2004 | 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

A buddy just finished a 5.0 swap in a Mazda Miata. It drives fantastic and there are a lot of parts out there for suspension, body kits, etc. An LS1 swap would have just been that much better.

Quick Reply: best ls1 hybrid