Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep YJ crossmember question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Jeep YJ crossmember question

Not sure how dumb of a question this is, but here goes. Considering a Jeep YJ swap. I understand all of the LS specific mounts are weld-ins....however I have never touched a welder in my life. Advance has the bolt in crossmember (713087), of course that's for a small block. SO....I'm wondering if anyone has used that crossmember with a set of SBC adjustable adapter mounts. The Googleverse doesn't seem to come up with much. The theory is solid, but I'd feel better knowing someone has actually gone this route before pulling the pin. Thoughts?
Old 09-01-2017, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will be way ahead of the game if you pay someone to weld in the mounts. I have done sets on TJ'S, YJ's, and CJ's..... from Novak and AA. It takes less than an hour to weld the motor mounts on once all the prep is done. A cross member for the motor will get in the way of the exhaust and driveshaft.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fair enough. I kind of figured that would be the response, and it does make the most sense. Which leads me to another question....with the weld-in mounts, is there enough room to mount an AC compressor in the stock GM location (whether stock GM truck or the baby Sanden on a Holley bracket) and *not* get whacked by the suspension, or am I better off mounting a R4 or equivalent up high?
Old 09-01-2017, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,153 Likes on 2,460 Posts

You can mount the R4 or different Sandens high on the passenger side with Holley mounts, which might be your best bet. Check out the Holley site for possibilities.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took a peek at the Novak web site and it looks like they have bolt in motor mounts as well as weld in.

Quick Reply: Jeep YJ crossmember question