Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls swap new edge

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 08:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead
Worst case buy some Aeromotive or vdo or whatever gauges and replace the guts of the Mustang cluster.. ?? I've done small clusters in cars where the OEM wasn't available, was a fiddly project but I did it on a desk table while binge watching tv.. Long as they use needles your good, just swap the guts of the gauges and build a new harness on the back.
Unless you had a special cluster from a Mach 1 or a SVT Cobra there's no need in this case. It would be cool to do and say you did but It would cost you more in gauges than the 94-98 factory cluster would. Not to mention time. These are a bolt in affair with plenty of literature to wire the gauges to work just fine. Many have done it and you still can retain a fairly factory look. I would probably go this route if i were to do it again.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford harness’

Originally Posted by SwapStang
Got it up and running shortly after this post. Works great didn't even have to change any hoses at all. Mounted it inside radius of the bumper on the drivers side. Couldn't be happier.
I have been reading up on your post, I understood quite a bit as I’m running almost the same setup, we’re you able to eliminate all your ford harness’ or were there any harness’ and/or ford modules you still had to use?
Old 11-09-2022, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ethanrumble54
I have been reading up on your post, I understood quite a bit as I’m running almost the same setup, we’re you able to eliminate all your ford harness’ or were there any harness’ and/or ford modules you still had to use?
On my swaps I typically leave all the modules. I think people get hung up on trying to remove everything that was previously there and I never understood that unless it's a flat out race car. I like to build them and get them done so going through and removing all the factory modules is a long and arduous task that could be spent doing something else. If you have a specific question I'm happy to help but as far as removing stuff I'm all for leaving it unless there is some underlying reason you need/want to remove it.

On a side note I've done 4 New Edge swaps and am currently doing a 96 Sn95 swap and at this point I'm confident I could use the factory modules to control just about everything at this point especially if you run a Holley. No added relays no hacked up wiring just some time depinning and swapping stuff over. I like these cars and am pretty comfortable with them at this point.