Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS swap Vintage Air questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts

Default LS swap Vintage Air questions

I'm at the point of beginning my Vintage Air install on my 63 Chevy II wagon. I've got a Heidts mustang II front clip and plan on running my ac lines between my inner and outer fenders. I was thinking about using a straight bulkhead at the firewall and a diamond shape one at the inner fender into the engine bay. A buddy of mine has suggested not using one at the inner fender coming into the engine bay to cut down on potential leaks. Are bulkheads that leak prone? Fwiw i plan on using ez clip clips and hose. Just trying to get a game plan and any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 927 Posts

II Much has a neat solution for routing hoses through the firewall.

https://www.iimuch.com/collections/a...ts/ac-bulkhead

Andrew
Old 07-05-2018, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts

I like that Andrew. A little pricey but definitely cut down on potential leaks. Thanks
Old 07-06-2018, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
II Much has a neat solution for routing hoses through the firewall.

https://www.iimuch.com/collections/a...ts/ac-bulkhead

Andrew
I got this bulkhead in my AC kit, but in the end decided against using it. The IImuch unit is designed to use the very rigid E-Z clip type hose for the AC and the heater hose as well. I found that hose to be impossible to install on the 5/8" heater fittings, the hose is just to rigid and to much of an interference fit.

I'm not finished with my install yet so if I'm missing something, please educate me.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Senna
I got this bulkhead in my AC kit, but in the end decided against using it. The IImuch unit is designed to use the very rigid E-Z clip type hose for the AC and the heater hose as well. I found that hose to be impossible to install on the 5/8" heater fittings, the hose is just to rigid and to much of an interference fit.

I'm not finished with my install yet so if I'm missing something, please educate me.
I've never used this, but you should get in touch with Jon U. at IIMuch and see what he has to say.

Andrew
Old 07-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bulkhead fittings by themselves are not leak prone per se. Its just that the more connections you have, the more the potential is there. The ez clip hose is not sized or designed for heater connections. That ii much fitting is a trick piece.

Tim

Quick Reply: LS swap Vintage Air questions