Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1970 Turbo GTO

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,446 Likes on 912 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacksix
662 wheel hp on the street is PLENTY for me. The tires will never hold as it is. Tuner said she had more if I wanted. I'm not really a dragrace guy anymore and have no interest in caging the car. It's fun to be fast again!
Are you using a 70 Chevelle radiator top plate? Can you please post some more pictures of how the radiator is supported at the bottom and how the intercooler is supported?

Awesome work!

Andrew
Old 11-19-2023, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Are you using a 70 Chevelle radiator top plate? Can you please post some more pictures of how the radiator is supported at the bottom and how the intercooler is supported?

Awesome work!

Andrew
Sorry Andrew I never really check the forum much anymore. Yes that's a Chevelle cover. A skinny plastic-tanked Dorman 70 Chevelle radiator allows me JUST enough space to hang a 3" intercooler between it and the rad support. This allows the IC piping to stay in the engine compartment instead of cutting through the rad support. There's no room out front for the IC anyways, with the center support for that heavy endura nose. The rad sits on slightly modified stock saddles IIRC; the IC hangs from the upper rad support and sits on short brackets down to the lower rad support. Dodge Intrepid fans. Everything is pretty tight at the front so I don't know if I can really get pics of anything. The car is in storage so I'll have a look next time I'm there.
The following users liked this post:
Project GatTagO (11-19-2023)
Old 07-03-2024, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Hey all, just a little update on Goatzilla. After fighting for years with the GM ECU I've switched to Holley Terminator and it runs like a charm, all the glitches are gone.

One Issue I DO have though is with my Intrepid dual fan setup. Using a Volvo relay and grounding the triggers with the Terminator, both fans come on in LOW but only one fan comes on in HIGH. Any suggestions?
Old 07-03-2024, 09:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey all, just a little update on Goatzilla. After fighting for years with the GM ECU I've switched to Holley Terminator and it runs like a charm, all the glitches are gone.

One Issue I DO have though is with my Intrepid dual fan setup. Using a Volvo relay and grounding the triggers with the Terminator, both fans come on in LOW but only one fan comes on in HIGH. Any suggestions?
My suggestion is to ditch those fans and use the Volt fans.

Andrew
G Atsma (07-06-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Oh? Why? How are they better?
Old 07-05-2024, 04:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

They fit a stock GTO radiator perfectly (mounting tabs need to be fabricated) and they have soft start and are variable speed and each motor is 300 watts.

Andrew
G Atsma (07-06-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts

The volt fans Andrew is talking about are amazing. It's been 110 here the last few days and my car runs 196 like it's nothing.

Quick Reply: 1970 Turbo GTO