Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Obd2 digital dash

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Obd2 digital dash

I have been looking around for a quality "digital dash" that gets info from the ALDL. I want to keep my original cluster in my Nova and have a seperate display below the dash instead of having individual Autometer gauges like i do now. I am running a 411 PCM that does not have CAN BUS.

I looked at the AEM, Holley, Racepak etc. The Holley and Racepak all use individual sensors and the AEM and others need 2008 and up PCMs for CAN BUS.

I briefly looked at the Autometer one but it is bluetooth only. I have read that the information is very slow.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this and use it for checking codes. I also have it permanently mounted in my 2000 SVT contour to keep track of gas mileage, It should be able to give you pretty much any gauge plus some. I have used over the years for both non-can and can cars and it has worked great. It was a bit cheaper when I bought it years ago.
http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/ultragauge_wired.htm
Old 01-28-2020, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

I've used the Torque app and a wifi or bluetooth elm OBD adapter before temporarily. The only signal you won't get from the PCM is your oil pressure on the 411. If you want to keep your original dash why not make it all work?
Old 01-28-2020, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also used a ELM OBD2 adapter with an iPad and the app from Real Dash. Cheap and I really like all the variety of skins they sell. This was the only app that picked up my gear changes with an LS3 and a TKO600. I don't know how the app does it but it was pretty dead on as to what gear I was in. Here's the link for the app and a good ELM adapter.

http://realdash.net/index.php

https://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mxp/
Old 01-29-2020, 06:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1964SS
I've used the Torque app and a wifi or bluetooth elm OBD adapter before temporarily. The only signal you won't get from the PCM is your oil pressure on the 411. If you want to keep your original dash why not make it all work?
I dont think i understand the original dash question? I am putting all new interior in the car. I have a monster tach on the A pilar and 4 sport comp gauges below the dash. I want a cleaner look with the speedo stock and just a display below the dash where the individual gauges are now. Trying to clean up the look.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CapSS92
I also used a ELM OBD2 adapter with an iPad and the app from Real Dash. Cheap and I really like all the variety of skins they sell. This was the only app that picked up my gear changes with an LS3 and a TKO600. I don't know how the app does it but it was pretty dead on as to what gear I was in. Here's the link for the app and a good ELM adapter.

http://realdash.net/index.php

https://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mxp/

Thank you for the links. Do you have issues with the Real Dash? I looked at online reviews and they were mostly negative.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by nuckifuts
I dont think i understand the original dash question? I am putting all new interior in the car. I have a monster tach on the A pilar and 4 sport comp gauges below the dash. I want a cleaner look with the speedo stock and just a display below the dash where the individual gauges are now. Trying to clean up the look.
Sorry, You mentioned you wanted to keep your stock dash. Sounds like you already got the speedo working. You could make your entire stock dash gauges all work and not need anything down below if you are going for a simple clean look is what I was getting at.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1964SS
Sorry, You mentioned you wanted to keep your stock dash. Sounds like you already got the speedo working. You could make your entire stock dash gauges all work and not need anything down below if you are going for a simple clean look is what I was getting at.
AHH, i got it. I did that with my 93 mustang. Unfortunately the Nova has no gauges besides the Speedo and fuel level. I have seen where i can add a tach to where the clock would go, but i not sure it would work with an LS. I also looked at factory type gauges using a 69 camaro or nova console. But i do not believe with my shifter placement it would work.

Quick Reply: Obd2 digital dash