Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1992 C4 Corvette Build (LS2 Stroker / 4L60e / Terminator X)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 141 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Haggar
I hadn't seen this when posted.... but, hmm, not really. I have seen plenty of people get away with compression around 12:1 with 93 octane, which is what we have here in MI. I do try to overly research things before I build, so I had checked into it quote a bit. I also knew that I had the option of moving to E85 if it wasn't manageable.

One thing to consider, is the camshaft. This is where you have some control, as you can alter the dynamic compression. My cam is almost a bit small for a stroker, compared to many, but was selected to put the DCR where I wanted for a pump gas build. I forget the number, but Its in the range of 8.5-8.7 DCR. Again, I had checked into many sources and made sure the number was in a reasonably safe area.

Lastly, I have brought this tune along slowly. I run it richer and with less timing than I do in my cammed LQ4 that I have been tuning for the last 5 years. I am considering to take it to a dyno for dialing in the timing, as that is a bit hard with street tuning. .
Thanks for the response. I'll end up between 11.4:1 - 11.5:1 static compression although my DCR might be a touch higher, possibly around 8.7 or 8.8. Seems like this is well in the range of what lots of folks are building for 93 octane so i'm pretty confident it'll work out. We also have e85 but its $$$ and i'd like to be able to daily this car so....

Quick Reply: 1992 C4 Corvette Build (LS2 Stroker / 4L60e / Terminator X)