Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

72 K10 L86 8L90 swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted to keep the battery under hood also, but just ran out of room. The factory air box was part of my plan because i wanted to be able to buy replacement parts anywhere. All wear items like belts, radiator hoses, etc are 2018 truck parts available anywhere. I love my hot rods, but I’ve had enough of waiting on a Summit delivery of a special part at a hotel on the road. The battery fits perfect under the cab, and i found this terminal block for under the hood on eBay. I think it came from some Audi model. Because of how far back the engine is mounted, the battery cable is only about a foot longer than if the battery was underhood

Old 12-06-2021, 08:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 195 Likes on 141 Posts

I guess what I was seeing was the old PS reservoir and your fusebox on the fender. What is the air hose fitting thing on the new reservoir lid for?

I too also try to use as many factory parts as possible for the same reason as you, but I think this one is going to get an aftermarket air cleaner and intake tube, not like that part can get you stranded anywhere I guess. It's either the air cleaner or battery stays, and I'm positive the guy I'm building this for wouldn't go for the remote mounted battery.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The hose on the PS reservoir top is a vent. The crappy reservoir i had first wasn’t vented at all. Sometimes they are run unvented, and maybe it works in a stock system that has minimal capacity, but a remote reservoir system can easily hold 2 qts of fluid. PS fluid can run 160-170 degrees F under normal driving conditions and that volume of fluid with that temp differential needs a vented container.

If I had to choose between the air cleaner and battery, i would probably keep the battery under the hood also.

Quick Reply: 72 K10 L86 8L90 swap