Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's going on with A.I.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 10:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 464 Likes on 350 Posts

Sounds like they have lots of parts sitting/waiting.
Old 03-21-2021, 04:47 AM
Teching In

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Someone posted on Facebook three weeks ago that his heads were sent last April, and still no delivery.
No way would I send a check without the common courtesy of a real email reply.
Phil needs to update his website and auto-reply emails with what's actually going on.
Just want him to ship me my heads back, as I went another route.
The following users liked this post:
Jimbo1367 (03-24-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 06:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 576 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill GTO
Someone posted on Facebook three weeks ago that his heads were sent last April, and still no delivery.
No way would I send a check without the common courtesy of a real email reply.
Phil needs to update his website and auto-reply emails with what's actually going on.
Just want him to ship me my heads back, as I went another route.
At this point it'll be best to close the business.... that's just rediciulous.
G Atsma (03-29-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 246 Likes on 166 Posts

This is why they have never received my business. There are far too many responsive vendors out there for me to roll the dice with one who can't be bothered to pick up the phone.
The following 2 users liked this post by MuhThugga:
99 Black Bird T/A (10-09-2021), Jimbo1367 (03-24-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MuhThugga
This is why they have never received my business. There are far too many responsive vendors out there for me to roll the dice with one who can't be bothered to pick up the phone.
Exactly.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I tried the BBB to see if I could find an alternate number to call... I did get another number but it is no longer active. I'm not feeling very good about my situation at this time and looks like I might taking a family vacation to Concord NC.

Old 03-24-2021, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Update: Phil replied to me yesterday. Funny this is a set of the exact AI 243 heads popped up for sale on here, and I pulled the trigger and bought them. Of course two days later, Phil replies and is ready to work them in about two weeks.
I asked him to send my cores back and will sell them.
I asked him if he could use them as a core for another customer, but we'll see if go anywhere.
So, good news is he is still working CNC heads.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I've had a rear wing on order from weapon-X since September. , Their website still says 10 - 35 days.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 433 Likes on 304 Posts

Update: Phil replied to me yesterday. Funny this is a set of the exact AI 243 heads popped up for sale on here, and I pulled the trigger and bought them. Of course two days later, Phil replies and is ready to work them in about two weeks.
I asked him if he could use them as a core for another customer, but we'll see if go anywhere.
He must have read this thread.... He does have a private account on here and still does log in from time to time.

I Genuinely wanted to use his stuff but to this day I have never gotten a response.

I would have bought those heads too, but the combustion chamber is too small for my application.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
He must have read this thread.... He does have a private account on here and still does log in from time to time.

I Genuinely wanted to use his stuff but to this day I have never gotten a response.

I would have bought those heads too, but the combustion chamber is too small for my application.
That is one thing about AI that confuses me. They were a sponsor on here at one point and used to post here and there. Did the business blow up too quick or did they cut employees at some point. At one time he had time to post on a forum he sponsored and then it slowly went to long wait times for replies to customers. Now its almost no replies and backlogged work. The backlog makes sense with COVID going on but not taking the time to respond to paying customers is wild to me.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 433 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by mac62989
That is one thing about AI that confuses me. They were a sponsor on here at one point and used to post here and there. Did the business blow up too quick or did they cut employees at some point. At one time he had time to post on a forum he sponsored and then it slowly went to long wait times for replies to customers. Now its almost no replies and backlogged work. The backlog makes sense with COVID going on but not taking the time to respond to paying customers is wild to me.
I wouldnt be able to answer that for someone else.

IMHO, I would think It would be wise to hire 1 additional Employee to either handle the Customers and the shipping/ scheduling or some one to run the equipment while he handles the customer interaction and scheduling.

If Workflow and Backlog are that good, the money should be there.

I know another Cylinder Head Porting vendor that used to sponsor this site that had to do that to keep things flowing properly.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
I wouldnt be able to answer that for someone else.

IMHO, I would think It would be wise to hire 1 additional Employee to either handle the Customers and the shipping/ scheduling or some one to run the equipment while he handles the customer interaction and scheduling.

If Workflow and Backlog are that good, the money should be there.

I know another Cylinder Head Porting vendor that used to sponsor this site that had to do that to keep things flowing properly.
Ya I totally agree. Always felt the same way, if they can't keep up with the volume money should not be an issue. Why not hire a customer service rep?
Old 03-24-2021, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 593 Likes on 471 Posts

If I was going to port some 243s, I. Would go to TEA for their stage 2 with the turned down LS3 intake valves. I’ve seen many results from them and they are really good
Old 03-25-2021, 07:07 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill, Thats good news he is still up and running, I still want his work I just want to know when it will be done so i can try and plan things out some.
NovaNut21 (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 246 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by mac62989
It's been a year at this point. I no longer accept "COVID" as a viable excuse for a business to not respond to a customer.
The following 4 users liked this post by MuhThugga:
Coy (03-31-2021), G Atsma (03-29-2021), tmcmillan5 (03-26-2021), War Prayer (03-27-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 10:41 AM
TECH Junkie

It's been a year at this point. I no longer accept "COVID" as a viable excuse for a business to not respond to a customer.
I agree with you 100% about communication. My backlog comment was related to the work backlog, not the communication aspect.
Old 03-26-2021, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Not to pile on but I called & emailed them in 2019 (before covid) with no response and that got the message across loud and clear, I changed up and went somewhere else so I didn't end up in the situation some of the others here are in now.
Old 03-27-2021, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 464 Likes on 350 Posts

Funny thing is (at least to me) - I saw "A.I." in the title, and thought this was a thread about a new ECU's learning/adaptation ability. That's the only reason I came in . As others have said, hard for me to understand how someone thinks they can make a business viable for the long term if they won't dedicate resources to communicating with their customers and potential customers.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuskyz28
At this point it'll be best to close the business.... that's just rediciulous.
I'm the guy that send my heads to Pete back in April of 2020. Still no correspondence since about October 2020. When I sent my 243 heads I did send a Cashiers check for $1500 as I hoped it would show I was serious about getting the work done. I'm very disappointed to say the least. My last e-mail I sent him was asking for my $$$ back and the heads. I guess the next step is to have an attorney send a Demand Letter, then finally fly over to NC and knock on the shop door and get me heads and $$$ in person. I'll wear a camera and record the whole damn thing then post it on youtube. It's really unbelievable at this point in time.
There was another Pete I dealt with in who worked in Florida at CNC Cylinder Heads back in 1996. I sent him a set of Canfield LT4 heads and that also took over a year to get them back. I've often wondered if they are the same Pete.

Quick Reply: What's going on with A.I.