Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have a good way to add a reluctor ring....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2021 | 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Does anyone have a good way to add a reluctor ring....

to the crank pulley? Looking for some good ideas on how to make the stock gauges work on my up and coming Mustang swap. As of now, I have a power bond crank pulley.

Thanks.

Last edited by Stampede4ever; 10-26-2021 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2021 | 04:23 PM
On The Tree

ATI makes a reluctor ring that bolts to their crank pulleys and can be utilized by AEM and some other standalones and comes in different diameters and tooth count. Innovators West makes brackets to mount sensors and rings that can bolt up to their pulleys.

The DIY method of notching up a degree wheel and bolting onto your crank pulley works too. Comp cams #4787 degree wheel bolts up to some pulleys like fluidampr (I know I have done this), ~7.5" in diameter, and is made out of steel. Just need to get 3 bolts and some spacers. I have never seen a powerbond pulley but if it has threads or bolts that can be removed you can attach a degree wheel to it and just the notch it to mimic a reluctor ring of you choice. You already have the degree marks for reference and the wheel is only ~$10-40 depending on brand and diameter.

Most standalone EMS can output a signal to run an analog tach, some can even output/input tach signal over CAN (AEM infinity, Haltech, Holley, etc.)

That is an extremely broad question, what cluster? What engine ecu? Would you consider using an aftermarket display/gauges?
Old 11-04-2021 | 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

For the speedo, I used the reverse gear in my T10 with a sine sensor. Guessing you could use the flywheel if you want engine rpm instead of speed.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a good way to add a reluctor ring....