Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

70 challenger swap??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021 | 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Default 70 challenger swap??

Kind of a pointless thread, but I've got a few months to think about what i'm going to do with this project and haven't made a decision yet. Figured some of you guys could throw out some suggestions/ideas/critiques.

I have a 70 challenger with a procharged/EFI 340 SBM that I plan on pulling this winter. I built the whole procharger bracket setup from scratch, it all looks cool but I'm just tired of the setup.

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/145918422@N04/, on Flickr

I'm on an extremely tight budget. Tying to do this for the cost of selling the old setup. I'd either keep the D1 head unit and buy the brackets for the new setup (about $800 for pulleys/brackets) or sell the head unit for turbos (would prefer twins, OCD with symmetry).
For the trans, I plan to go TH400 with manual valve body. Never trusted 727's with big power/too expensive to build and I don't need OD for this car nor do I want any trans controller.

I wanted to go gen 3 mopar but the prices for used motors and other parts just add up pretty quick, plus the added cost of a conversion bell housing.

I know I can do an LS for cheaper, and if i'm using a TH400 then things will be even easier that way.

Would just like to hear a few suggestions/ideas on what you guys would do, trying to make that kind of power as cheaply and as easily as possible? I know there are so many ways to do it, just be cool to get some input on some proven combinations and compare them all in terms of cost/convenience/cool factor.
Old 11-04-2021 | 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since you're going forced induction, You'll probably get more combo suggestions in the Forced Induction part of the forum.

That would be cool twin turbo car. What are your power goals?
Old 11-07-2021 | 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSswap
Since you're going forced induction, You'll probably get more combo suggestions in the Forced Induction part of the forum.

That would be cool twin turbo car. What are your power goals?

I was hoping for 700whp right now. i think that will be enough to get the car into the 9s which is what I'm after. Been doing a lot more research and it seems like the 5.7 hemi's can do a bit more than I gave them credit for with some budget parts but still doesn't seem like I can go anywhere near as fast for as cheap as an LS LOL

Quick Reply: 70 challenger swap??