Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen 5 L83 Starts Then Dies......another one.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No I haven't, not sure how to do that, I'll see what I can find.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 01-21-2022, 06:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 550 Likes on 344 Posts

It's located somewhere on HP tuners.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

I watched a video on that and it looks easy enough, but it says the engine has to be around 180 degrees and you have to be able to rev the engine up so I won't be able to do that. Also I think they stated that there would be some codes associated with it. Unfortunately I think I'll have to replace the ECM, if nothing else it should fix my signal voltage.

Thanks anyway,
Sean
Old 02-14-2022, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Well I figured I'd post up what it was.

I got ahold of Mitch from Swaptime, to start with I can't say enough good things about him. He didn't even build my harness or tune my ECM but he took the time to help me out, I highly recommend him to anyone doing a swap.

I hooked up HPTuners and he got on remotely, looked at a few things, tried some others but no luck. Checked all the usual suspects but everything seemed good. While scanning around my file he noticed my MAF tune was right out to lunch, not even close. He copied one of his over and bingo fired right up. It basically thought there was no air so it would just cut the fuel. Still needs fine tuning but it runs.

Funny thing, I had tried unplugging my MAF sensor a while back but it just started and died the same as always so I just plugged it back in. Well Mitch told me you have to try it two or three times and of course it fired right up and idled nicely haha. I was one key turn away from figuring this out about a month ago haha.

Sean
Old 02-15-2022, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 550 Likes on 344 Posts

Thanks for posting back and sharing your solution! Did you change out the MAF values, or was that something that was done when you bought the harness/ECU?
Old 02-15-2022, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

It was done when I bought it from a well known vendor, not very happy with them but glad it got figured out after spending $600.

Sean
Old 09-17-2022, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe i am having the same issues, my project is experiencing the same. cranks, starts, dies off. I believe it is maf related. Would you mind elaborating what he may have changed so i can tell my tuner to look at that?

heres what mine is doing, look familar?
No maf start; then MAF start, - YouTube
Old 09-29-2022, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speartech

I ordered my harness from Speartech and had them refresh the ECM and my TCM had been damaged physically so they provided a new TCM. Engine fired on first attempt but with no fuel reaching it, it died immediately. Once the fuel pump got fuel to the rail it started and ran nicely.

Quick Reply: Gen 5 L83 Starts Then Dies......another one.