Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS SWAP only firing on two cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS SWAP only firing on two cylinders

Hi I recently built an lq4 dropped it in my 79 Camaro had it running I didn’t have my hit wire at the back of the alternator connected and arced it on the inner finder of the car. Now the car won’t run it will start up but only the back cylinder on the driver side and the next to the last on the passenger side are firing I can swap all of my coil packs over to those two cylinders and they all still fire on only those two cylinders. I’m running a fitech ultimate Ls kit I sent the ecm back once to get tested they said it was fine then sent the ecm along with the harness back and they tested it and said it was all fine I have changed the cam sensor and crank sensor could this be a map sensor? I’m getting fuel to the injectors I have also checked my hot wires coming from the car I have a key on hot that still stays hot wile cranking and a a constant hot that’s still hot. Could this be as simple as a map sensor? I need some input. Thanks in advance Again the car was running perfect until I arced this wire
Old 05-08-2022, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 304 Likes on 223 Posts

Reading that gives one a migraine
Old 05-09-2022, 06:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 530 Likes on 334 Posts

There should be some kind of monitor with Fitech right? With the key on, check that all sensors are reading properly. IE, MAP with key on, engine off should be about atmosphere 98-102kpa. IAT and ECT should be almost the same if the motor is cold. Process of elimination should reveal an answer.

Quick Reply: LS SWAP only firing on two cylinders