Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone able to guide me with stripping an LSA (CTS-V) harness and PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone able to guide me with stripping an LSA (CTS-V) harness and PCM?

I’m parting out a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V (LSA/6L90) and transplanting the engine into my 70 Chevelle. The Chevelle currently has an LS2/T56 from an 06 GTO (E40 and BCM/Key). I’d like to strip down the CTSV harness, and set it up to use a ZL1 TR6060 (MG9). I know that I’ll need to add wires for the tach, and a few other things, but hoping someone here has done it before and would mind hiding me or pointing me in the right direction. I do have the FSM for the car, and also have a manual transmission 12 CTSV that I can compare tunes/etc on.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 550 Likes on 344 Posts

Just sell it and go buy Terminator X Max. It was the best decision that I made on my car. I can also tell you that I'm 99% certain that if I had a stock ECU when one of the fuel pumps failed in my CTS-V pump, that my engine wouldn't have survived. Holley added enough fuel to account for 29 PSI fuel pressure when the supercharger made 11psi that it was still keeping about 13:1 AFR!! With X Max you can set the VSS to read and control your reverse lockout, Fan cutoff, and other neat speed based actions. Also, you can leave learn on and it will account for things like a dead injector or failing pump.
The following users liked this post:
Jimbo1367 (08-31-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a
Just sell it and go buy Terminator X Max. It was the best decision that I made on my car. I can also tell you that I'm 99% certain that if I had a stock ECU when one of the fuel pumps failed in my CTS-V pump, that my engine wouldn't have survived. Holley added enough fuel to account for 29 PSI fuel pressure when the supercharger made 11psi that it was still keeping about 13:1 AFR!! With X Max you can set the VSS to read and control your reverse lockout, Fan cutoff, and other neat speed based actions. Also, you can leave learn on and it will account for things like a dead injector or failing pump.
Thanks! I appreciate that... If at all possible, I'd really like to try to use the stock E67 for a few reasons that I'm not sure the Holley can do. probably the biggest is that I'll be using the BCM from the Cadillac to retain the passive entry, Cruise control, interior lighting, fan control (using the stock CTS-V fans and aftermarket radiator), intercooler pump, but probably the biggest reason is the security functions of the stock Cadillac system. I already have all of these parts too as I'm still parting out the car. Plus it's all OEM quality. I get that it's more work, but I think the benefits will outweigh the challenges.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 550 Likes on 344 Posts

Sounds like you have a lot of wiring harness Pinouts and schematics to comb through for this project. If you plan to keep the CTS-V ECU, BCM and it sounds like Holley may not be a good option. I'd say if you plan to keep all that, at a bare minimum you'll need to do a segment swap in the ECU to a manual trans, remove the auto wiring, and replace with the TR6060 wiring. However, this may also send conflicting information to the BCM if it is looking for signals from the auto trans that it's not seeing. Only way to know is to test at this point.

I was able to control all of the items that you mention above with my Terminator X Max. Holley can send either a ground signal or PWM signal for fan control, so you would be good there. As for the intercooler pump, I just tied mine to the fuel pump circuit since it should always be on when the engine is running. If the BCM only needs to see things like RPM and VSS, you could create some outputs that would satisfy the BCM and upgrade to the Holley ECU.

Sounds like a fun project! Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Anyone able to guide me with stripping an LSA (CTS-V) harness and PCM?