Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPTIONALLY Hydrogen Powered 4th Gen LS3 / BTR Stage 2 Cam possible?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Default OPTIONALLY Hydrogen Powered 4th Gen LS3 / BTR Stage 2 Cam possible?

I know this is going to be far fetched.. ..but lets say money is no object, and this is not being done to save fuel / water4gas - but rather a alternative fuel to gasoline in the event that certain shadowy government figures make it impractical to buy gasoline and you still wanted to drive your 4th Gen around..

..What would be necessary to drive a cammed LS3 purely on Hydrogen from the tanks, induction, injectors, manifolds to tuning on as an optional fuel?

My idea would be to install hydrogen tanks in the car's hatch area only when necessary, and remove them when running on pure gasoline again. The hydrogen in the case would not be produced by the car's electrical system like water4gas.. ..it would be produced off the electrical grid or home solar system. I'm aware the car wouldn't be able to go very far as there's no hydrogen refueling stations. So this isn't being done to save gasoline, it is being done for the event that buying gasoline becomes impossible.
Old 09-21-2022, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 399 Likes on 291 Posts

It's funny watching city folk try to work out how to survive.

If you want to be a prepper then get yourself an older diesel truck and cook your own bio diesel or run it on natural gas.
The following 2 users liked this post by QwkTrip:
99 Black Bird T/A (09-21-2022), G Atsma (09-21-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by QwkTrip
It's funny watching city folk try to work out how to survive.

If you want to be a prepper then get yourself an older diesel truck and cook your own bio diesel or run it on natural gas.
They'll probably ban natural gas, or sell it all to the EU.. ..whichever occurs first.. that plus wouldn't a grocery shortage make bio diesel impractical ?
Old 09-21-2022, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 399 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro
that plus wouldn't a grocery shortage make bio diesel impractical ?
Only if you're dumb enough to make fuel from your food.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (09-21-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,146 Likes on 2,453 Posts

Originally Posted by qwktrip
it's funny watching city folk try to work out how to survive.
In a word, BINGO....
Old 09-21-2022, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 421 Likes on 305 Posts

When gasoline becomes impossible society will crumble. Its by design. You will have bigger things to worry about then gas.
G Atsma (09-21-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 04:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 599 Likes on 475 Posts

How much longer do you think mankind has? Seriously? At the rate of global warming, Life as we know it will -DRASTICALLY- change in 10 yrs or LESS. Flooding and other natural disasters are getting worse. People will be happy just to survive.

Live good while you can. LOL

Trending Topics

Old 09-22-2022, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 550 Likes on 344 Posts

So, I looked on that website water4gas and it told me nothing about how it works, just wanted to sell literature. Unless I missed a page, all I saw was something where people claimed it worked, but nothing about the kit itself. Strange.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

I'm about to kick off some work (by day I recruit senior folks in the renewable / power sector) with a green hydrogen OEM that deploys PEM electrolyzers and then scales them (installs many of them). I'll be learning more about the commercialization, but it sounds like it's mostly for industrial companies and fleet use. I think the day when we go 'gas' up with hydrogen at a pump is still off in the future.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
How much longer do you think mankind has? Seriously? At the rate of global warming, Life as we know it will -DRASTICALLY- change in 10 yrs or LESS. Flooding and other natural disasters are getting worse. People will be happy just to survive.

I think both the environment and government are going to sanwhich us in. government isn't about going green, it's about protecting the billionaire elitists and ensuring they have the resources to live comfortably while the rest of society suffocates in distress. Needless to say, I am very worried about the days to come.
G Atsma (09-22-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 11:03 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

You should be more concerned about the future of ICE vs EV, that's happening right now.
G Atsma (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
You should be more concerned about the future of ICE vs EV, that's happening right now.
Im aware. EV’s are just a stop gap. A hole filler for something bigger. They already know they’re unsustainable. What they aren’t telling the public is that they don’t intend for every American to be driving. The cars will be limited in supply due to scarcity of rare metals (typically found in conflicted parts of the world) and pricing will prevent the average middle class Joe from owning a car. This is also why there is no significant effort to improve the power grids to handle the increased loads. They will levy against the oil industry, press for more gas taxes to reduce the amount of cars on the road in the name of saving the environment and reduce the affordability of driving a gasoline powered vehicle for all of us that did not switch.

In the end, the real goal is to condense society into concentrated dense urban mosh pits served primarily by transit with restrictions on personalized vehicle use. That was the intent behind Build Back Better. Destroy freeways, minimize suburban sprawl and eventually reverse it altogether, all people concentrated into Urbanization.

The real definition of progression is the omission of rights and freedoms for the middle class while government dictates how we should live. The lower class will be government dependent and support the policies because they are crippled without them. The middle class wielding no power of significance to make a change in the trajectory of the country, the Upper Class manipulated by elitists to promote their agendas. Those who still want the freedoms of today will have to pay a hefty price for it.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 09-23-2022 at 12:03 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Need4Camaro:
G Atsma (09-24-2022), Ls1Rx-7 (09-25-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 07:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Gotcha. I'll bet you $100 hydrogen is not available for the retail market for another 7 years.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

OP: "My idea would be to install hydrogen tanks in the car's hatch area only when necessary, and ".................
" All that H is gonna burn you up, kid "
Old 09-24-2022, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

They soldHydrogen cars in N-cal (Honda Clarity) , the "fueling station" is in your garage and use natural gas to make Hydrogen, Of course the station is about 15k on top of the 50K car..
And Honda only leases them, they wont sell one last time I checked.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,445 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Im aware. EV’s are just a stop gap. A hole filler for something bigger. They already know they’re unsustainable. What they aren’t telling the public is that they don’t intend for every American to be driving. The cars will be limited in supply due to scarcity of rare metals (typically found in conflicted parts of the world) and pricing will prevent the average middle class Joe from owning a car. This is also why there is no significant effort to improve the power grids to handle the increased loads. They will levy against the oil industry, press for more gas taxes to reduce the amount of cars on the road in the name of saving the environment and reduce the affordability of driving a gasoline powered vehicle for all of us that did not switch.

In the end, the real goal is to condense society into concentrated dense urban mosh pits served primarily by transit with restrictions on personalized vehicle use. That was the intent behind Build Back Better. Destroy freeways, minimize suburban sprawl and eventually reverse it altogether, all people concentrated into Urbanization.

The real definition of progression is the omission of rights and freedoms for the middle class while government dictates how we should live. The lower class will be government dependent and support the policies because they are crippled without them. The middle class wielding no power of significance to make a change in the trajectory of the country, the Upper Class manipulated by elitists to promote their agendas. Those who still want the freedoms of today will have to pay a hefty price for it.
Thought your post was part of a promotion of this classic mid 1970's movie...

G Atsma (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Thought your post was part of a promotion of this classic mid 1970's movie...

Trust me when I say I wish the stuff going on today were only a movie
Old 09-24-2022, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,146 Likes on 2,453 Posts

Trust me when I say I wish the stuff going on today were only a movie
Tell me about it.....
Old 09-25-2022, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367

what a crock, you sound like Al Gore in the early 2000’s. Global warming is such bs its not even funny. The earth has warmed and cooled many times in its history without any help from man.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ls1Rx-7:
83zls1 (09-14-2023), G Atsma (09-25-2022)

Quick Reply: OPTIONALLY Hydrogen Powered 4th Gen LS3 / BTR Stage 2 Cam possible?