Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BKs 1970 Chevelle Gen V LT1 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
There is probably a social tool to get the injectors out. Remember, they go straight into the combustion chamber and see a lot of pressure.

Why are you trying to remove the injectors?

Andrew
I was trying to get the injector rails out of the way, so I could remove the DOD Valley cover. I could have removed the heads and worked around them, I did manage to get the injectors out. They were stuck bad. I have slightly bent the fuel injector rails. The injector appear to be in good shape. I need to replace the O-rings. I did also manage to damage the drivers side harness. The crow bar slipped and cut a few wires. Pandora's box. I am searching for reasonably priced replacement rails, and the harness. That has turned into a whole other project that I was not planning on.
I am going to clean the bores in the heads where the injectors were installed.
Old 04-21-2023, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Silly Question: How to get engine on stand?

I am trying to install the engine on to the work stand. The transmission has been removed and the engine is hanging from the hoist. The problem is that the legs on the hoist conflict with the legs on the stand. The closest it can get is about 14”. What am I missing?
I may have to get a chain hoist and hang it from the 2 post lift. Then I can align the engine to the stand.
It is just the principle of the thing. Both of the stands are from Pittsburg via china (harbor freight).
Can anyone solve the puzzle? Am I missing something obvious?

The following users liked this post:
Project GatTagO (03-15-2024)
Old 04-21-2023, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

What weight is your engine left set on? Move it to the lightest weight. Take handle off your stand, pull the pin, take the engine mount stuff and put it on the engine. Lift the stand and reconnect it all to the hanging engine, then lower it all down.
The following 3 users liked this post by chuckd71:
95wannabe (04-22-2023), insp79 (04-21-2023), Project GatTagO (03-15-2024)

Quick Reply: BKs 1970 Chevelle Gen V LT1 Swap