Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche swap (harness & valley options)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 12:40 PM
lep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche swap (harness & valley options)

Couple questions, since I am planning on an LS3 swap in my rear engine 68 912 Porsche.

HARNESS
========
My 912 is rear engine, so I need a harness for which the electronic throttle cable can reach the e-pedal. (i am also planning on locating the ECU in the back seat, not inside the engine firewall). For the harness, I have been talking with SpearTech, who can make a custom harness -- which obviously could provide a harness allowing rear engine hookup, fusebox for the front trunk, and a longer electronic throttle cable for the floor pedal. They said delivery is 9-11 weeks. Anyone else who might specialize in mid-engine harnesses?

REVERSED INTAKE MANIFOLD
========================
For Porsche swaps, an LS engine always faces backwards, so the crank damper faces rear. For this model Porsche, there's not enough room for the throttle body and intake filter assembly to clear the rear trunk lid. Thus, I have to reverse the intake manifold. KATECH sells a valley for reversed intakes, and also sells a CNC'd oil pressure sensor stem that sits horizontal -- since the vertical OEM oil pressure sensor stem can't be used with the manifold reversed. Any other valley/oil pressure sensor options when reversing the manifold?

NEW LS3 (block/heads/pan)
=====================
You can't use the OEM mechanical water pump for LS swaps on older 912/911 swaps, since there's not enough room. Since I don't need the mechanical water pump, I am planning on getting a new GM LS3 376 c.i. 430 HP short-block without the water pump, intake manifold, injectors/rails, coilpacks, exhaust manifolds, etc. ProtouringSport.com sells everything besides the block/heads/pan in one package (GM manifold, injectors/rails, coilpacks). For the water pump, I am planning on an electric Meziere, which seem to be very reliable.

HEADS
======
Once I get the new block assembly with heads & oilpan, I am planning on pulling the heads and driving them (2 hours) to TSP for CNC porting, double springs, titanium retainers, and hollow intake valves.

OILPAN
======
Planning on the Canton 15-276, which most people use for Porsche LS swaps.

CAM
====
Planning on installing a stage 2 from TSP. Recall, since I am starting with a short-block that doesn't come with a mechanical water pump, I at least don't have to remove the water pump for cam installation.

HEADERS
========
Planning on block huggers (Schoenfeld or Hedman), with O2 sensor bongs, and then 3" with straight pipes into Flowmaster Super-10s.

With the above mods to the stock 430 HP, I will pushing more than maybe 500 HP(?)

Last edited by lep; 04-27-2024 at 05:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Porsche swap (harness & valley options)