Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rostra Cruise Control and P2138 Throttle Correlation

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rostra Cruise Control and P2138 Throttle Correlation

My LS3 and Rostra Cruise Control are not behaving as they should. Originally installed about 3 years ago by my builder, the cruise worked fine, but recently the drive by wire throttle has stopped working randomly while driving the car. I have to come to a stop and restart the engine about 10 times for the ECM to conclude that the problem with the pedal correlation no longer exists and it is ok with allowing the pedal and throttle to operate again. The ground from the Rostra box was originally connected to the purple wire going to the pedal which is the sensor ground for one of the 3 wire circuits pedal circuits. I disconnected that and reconnected it to a good ground. Now the problem is worse and when I pressed the "set" button, the throttle immediately stopped functioning and code P2138 pops up again, but after clearing the code, the cruise worked again for a bit. The Rostra Cruise Module seems to be the smoking gun here. Dakota Digital sells, what looks to be the same module.

I did find the ewingr's Thread titled " P2138-LS3- Dakota Digital Cruise Control" from 12/ 2019 but saw no real conclusion. Should I try another new $500 unit?

Thanks All
The following users liked this post:
IMPALAMAN1 (07-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Rostra Cruise Control and P2138 Throttle Correlation