Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 into a 1993 GMC Sonoma need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 into a 1993 GMC Sonoma need some help...

Ok so far all we have for this project is an LS1 motor (no acc.) and the Sonoma. We are planning to go carb'd for this deal. Can anyone give us a good source for info on this swap, or a few guys on here who have done it? Tried a few searches, no luck. The main things we are trying to figure out are: headers, tranny mounts, and the proper accessories. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Launching!

ttt So nobody has done this swap? I'd settle for a few links or maybe someones screen name that has done it. All help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Ive finished the swap on my 89 s-10. As far as headers go, sanderson makes a set for the second gen s-10s that may work, depended on your motor mounts. The problem is they only have 1 1/2 inch primaries and 2 1/2 inch collectors. Haven't found any others that work yet. Im using a set of 98 model manifolds that are stainless steel, which allowed me to cut the collectors off and weld a downpipe on them. I made a crossmember to accept the factory tranny mount for a t-56, dont know anyone that makes them as of now. you will have to either notch the frame for the alternator and mount on the pass. side or make a top mount bracket, the vette bracket required all front drive acc. from the vette. I used a cut down camaro pan and notched and boxed my crossmember, the truck oil pan fit with only crossmember mods, but it was the lowest point on my truck, so i put the f-body pan on it. If you run a/c, there will be a little work to fit coil packs or they will have to be relocated. the truck packs gain a little room. hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Launching!

Yes it does, thank you.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.geocities.com/jays_s10/ls1swap.html This is my 2nd gen truck but it gives you some info to start with.

Quick Reply: LS1 into a 1993 GMC Sonoma need some help...