Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring

I was looking at a PCM Wiring Diagram. I wanted to know a couple of things.
I think it is a pin-out diagram (it shows the pcm, the pins and what they go to) I have almost everything figured out except this... the wire that comes out of the fuses, the ones that are not connected to the PCM, the one that connects to the fuse, where do they go? I fugure there is a diagram for this too. Seondly, where do you guys get your supplies from? (GM weather pack connectors, etc.) I want to make a harness from scratch. (learning experience) Lastly, where do you guys get your wiring diagrams from? Or do I have to buy a Helm's Manual?
Old 01-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone?
Old 01-29-2005, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by moyam01
the wire that comes out of the fuses, the ones that are not connected to the PCM, the one that connects to the fuse, where do they go?
Try reading that out loud to someone and watch the look on their face.

Weatherpak connectors and pins I get from the local NAPA, PepBoys carries them also. PepBoys sells a nice 3-piece tool kit in their electrical section for releasing the pins from the hoods, best $6 I ever spent.

Helms manuals are a great investment for the wiring diagrams and step-by-step diagnostic procedures, www.helminc.com if you're hunting.

You better be nice... Because in about 6 years im fonna be designing the cars you drive...
I'm not sure I'm "fonna" be driving the cars you design.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You might try Speartech or one of the others that build the harnesses from scratch for a living and see if they can sell you a complete kit of all the connectors and pins and stuff you're going to need. Otherwise, you will be going from parts store to parts store trying to piece together all of the components if you plan to make the entire thing from scratch.
I think Waytek Wire sells some of the metri-pak pieces as well as all the tools you will need.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crainholio

I'm not sure I'm "fonna" be driving the cars you design.
Thanks. Appreciate it. Yeah I need to get rid of my slang. I'm not good at english neither. But math, im untouchable . Sorry, i read it to myself and kinda giggled, I just didn't know how to put it in words, I wanted to make sure that you understood what I was talking about.

Let's try this again.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/419440c7...aH9.BBlHSqn3pV

There should be a wire on the other side of that fuse. Where does it go? Is there a wiring diagram for this?
Old 01-29-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Let's try this again.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/419440c7...aH9.BBlHSqn3pV

There should be a wire on the other side of that fuse. Where does it go? Is there a wiring diagram for this?
Hope you test your chassis designs better than you test your link pasting...try clicking on it and watch what happens.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

You have to Maximize the screen. And here come the engineering jokes.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

"bcvrf.yahoo.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again."

Many people here are engineers. And at least one designs cars for a living.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, I cant get the link to work. Next question. I am planning a FC-FD ls1 swap. What do I have to do to the gauge cluster in a stock rx7 to work with the LS1 cluster if that is possible?
Old 01-30-2005, 06:53 AM
TECH Addict

Next question. I am planning a FC-FD ls1 swap.
Just curious, why an FC-FD swap? Why not an FA-FB?
Old 01-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crainholio
Just curious, why an FC-FD swap? Why not an FA-FB?
Never heard of a FA. I picked FC-FD because as I understand it there was major handling improvements from FB to FC. I also heard that there is no diffrence in a modified FC and a modified FD as far as suspension mods go. I am shooting for an FD but prices don't look good, and unless I get a good deal on a FD I will be getting a FC.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wiring

I'm in the process of an LS!/ RX7 FC swap. You will have to use the Mazda oil pressure and coolant temp sender. The oil sender is no problem. Just drill and thread the cover plate just above the oil filter with an 1/8 npt tap. For an FC the water temp sender is more of a problem. The sender is 1/8 npt and you'll have to adapt it to a M12x 1.5 hole in the rear passenger side head on the LS1. All the stock Mazda instruments exept the speedometer will work if you supply a battery feed to the old battery cable on the main relay.
Have you been here? www.v8rx7.com?
Old 04-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RFERG43
I'm in the process of an LS!/ RX7 FC swap. You will have to use the Mazda oil pressure and coolant temp sender. The oil sender is no problem. Just drill and thread the cover plate just above the oil filter with an 1/8 npt tap. For an FC the water temp sender is more of a problem. The sender is 1/8 npt and you'll have to adapt it to a M12x 1.5 hole in the rear passenger side head on the LS1. All the stock Mazda instruments exept the speedometer will work if you supply a battery feed to the old battery cable on the main relay.
Have you been here? www.v8rx7.com?
Auto meter makes that adapter since their temp sender is 1/8" its part number 2277 I think and is 11.99 from jegs.

Remington

Quick Reply: Wiring