Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally....IT'S ALIVE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

84z28ls1- Thats what i figured on the injectors, I used the baker electronics vats bypass for now, I plan on buying HPtuners or something similar, but for now i just wanted it running. It worked just fine, for fuel pump i used a walbro in-tank 255lph pump. I was planning on going to a plastic 4th gen tank and fuel system, but havent found one close enough to go pick up.

Tony-Should be getting the bottle filled today and then it is HRP time. I already have the BFG DR's and welds for up front. We shall see how it goes.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CamaroCain
My husband got his '88 Camaro running the other day. He has done all the work himself in our garage at home. Its a 2002 LS6 Engine w/4L60E trans. Car should be pretty light weight. We will find that out later. Just got the exhaust put on today so its about ready to get back on the road. Clint did an awesome job on this car. Not too bad for a budget build-up

Here's the vid of the first start up: http://www.xs-fx.com/pain/ls1swapstartup.wmv
Please right click and SAVE to your computer for viewing.

And here are some pictures of the progress too.
You need a hair cut CLint!!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

84z28ls1- Thats what i figured on the injectors, I used the baker electronics vats bypass for now, I plan on buying HPtuners or something similar, but for now i just wanted it running. It worked just fine, for fuel pump i used a walbro in-tank 255lph pump. I was planning on going to a plastic 4th gen tank and fuel system, but havent found one close enough to go pick up.

Tony-Should be getting the bottle filled today and then it is HRP time. I already have the BFG DR's and welds for up front. We shall see how it goes.
You'll be sick man.....I got tired of looking at that pile of gas tanks in my garage so I tossed that, all the fuel lines, basically everything i pulled off my car into the dumpster at a close by apartment complex...LOL

I got tired of it cluttering up my working space. The car is done now though

Mike
Old 03-31-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
You need a hair cut CLint!!!!

Hell, you ought to see my hair now, oh thats right, i have no hair, shaved it with no gaurd on the clippers. Much nicer while working.

That sux that you got rid of them, i just couldnt get it in line to get them. Thanks for trying though. Clint
Old 03-31-2005, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Look at all that room! <glances down at bruised knuckles>

Congrats on the swap.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hell, you ought to see my hair now, oh thats right, i have no hair, shaved it with no gaurd on the clippers. Much nicer while working.

That sux that you got rid of them, i just couldnt get it in line to get them. Thanks for trying though. Clint
I got impatitient trying to move around in such a small space to put my car together....Should ahve seen me pulling the center section out of my 9" last night. I had to push the car over some on the jack to get the slide hammer in to whack the axles out...lol

Mike
Old 04-03-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Veteran

TTT... i have added a couple of time slips in from this past weekend.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmm congrats again...I am not sure if i looked over it but what mods do you have done? Im getting closer and closer, just little stuff left to do...cant wait. Definatly post up the times when you go with a bigger shot.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:19 AM
TECH Veteran

No mods yet the engine came with LS6 heads and cam, but everything else is stock torque converter and everything. It has 3.42 gears and should be pretty light with out the a/c and with the LS1. Hopefully i will get it to a scale before too long.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! I can't wait to get mine up and running. Any details on the wiring?? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Finally....IT'S ALIVE!!!