Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who cna do a plug and play wiring harness? LS1 into 97 V8 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Who cna do a plug and play wiring harness? LS1 into 97 V8 Camaro

I have gone thru 90% of wiring harness on other cars, but Im in a time crunch now and dont know if i can go through every pinout.

Want all factory gauges to work
Old 03-27-2005, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.speartech.com will build one anyway you ask, or will modify a stock one. I have heard nothing but good about them and plan to use them for my swap

Pat
Old 03-27-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey this is Jason the guy that is doing the LS1 swap that you did the PCM for awhile back. It is probiably not as simple as getting pinouts and such. The electronic backbone is probiably entirely different. IE what the LT1 uses straight up for gauges the LS1 might use the class II serial data port for it and vice versa. I don't have access to any LT1 diagrams but I would look over them very very closely because I know with the LT1 swaps in the newer s-series trucks we have more electrical issues with the LT1 than the LS1 IE inop ABS speedos and such. Maybe the guys at speartech can give you some help, but I know the LT1 PCM is a different animal entirely from the LS1 unit and you may have to run both PCM's to get it to behave the way you want. The early model 4th gen seems to be a popular swap, look around and see what you can figure out what everyone else did.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey Jason, long time no see bud! Im opening a new shop up in the area, been doing a lot of rewiring lately. Built a whole engine harness for an LS1 on engine dyno in 6 hours a couple months ago. no fun!

The cluster doesnt work completely differently, but what im hoping is that the LT1 cluster will be easier to feed, just run an extra temp sensor for that gauge, and one to an LS1 PCM, and use the oil pressure gauge to feed cluster if I can find one with output to match LT1 gauge. The PCM doesnt need oil pressure. My biggest things is Im not going to cut up the LT1 body harness so i want to find a way to rewire the engine harness... worst case I guess ill have to swap the whole front clip wiring maybe?

Let me knwo when you get it together and your ready for some tuning
Old 03-28-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your PM's I think I might have an idea for somebody to give a call.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can also try LT1350.com . They'll graft your existing harness to LS1 harness with no ECM reprog. Costs about $550 in Erie, Pa
Old 04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks guys! John at SPeartech is hooking me up for a DEAL, and Painless Harness is sending me some prototype harness' you motor swap guys will like a little better then their current stuff.

Quick Reply: Who cna do a plug and play wiring harness? LS1 into 97 V8 Camaro