Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vats not hooked up or deleted and still running??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 03:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vats not hooked up or deleted and still running??

ok the problem i am having is that i have a miss at anything below WOT but when i started play8ing with wires i unhooked the vats wire that should shut the car off and well it kept runs like nuthing happened?? started fine too no clue... as well I was told that if the computer throws a code the fans are supposed to run constant when the car is running... well i dont have my rear O2's or my MAF hooked up and the fans only run when the car heats up to max temp as if idling in trafic..... any sudjestions guys ??? im lost on both the miss and the codes thing thanks
Old 06-13-2005, 06:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you disconnected the VATS wire while the car was running, it assumes the vats modual failed, and goes into a fail-safe mode.... the car will throw a code, and run without VATS..

this ONLY happens if the VATS system fails while the engine is running.

the fans only run if a coolent temp sensor or other related code makes the PCM think it cannot see temp... otherwise, the fans operate normally, even with a code thrown.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:06 AM
Launching!

o ok then haha must have been what i did i dont remeber exactly i was just playing around again but thanks i dont suppose you know if i clear all dtc if it will go back to normal??? i had them cleared the other day and havent touch anything since so ill leaver hooked up for now but thanks.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:52 AM
Launching!

o btw i unhooked the temp sensor on the driver side clinderhead last nihgt and nuthing happened to the fans at all i didnt think there was any other temp sensors maybe i am wrong but i thought the black and yellow wired sensor was the temp for the computer???

Quick Reply: vats not hooked up or deleted and still running??