Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 Firewall Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T56 Firewall Bracket

Between ATS and S & P, whose bracket is better? What's the Difference other than ATS' being twice as much as S & P's?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Launching!

We own the orignial blueprint from GM, who orginally made the bracket.
S&P has the one uses the drawing from a CHP article back in 98/99, but the specs given in the picture are off.
It's up to you, the accurate original, or the hand drawn rip off.
Tyler
PS- Our pricies have dropped on the bracket by quite a bit. (we've finally paid off the rights for the bracket.)
Old 07-23-2005, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Default price

teetoe

went to your web and no prices????????

What is the price?

fred
Old 07-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Teching In

im curious as to price also. getting ready to make 1. hopefully the price will be right so i dont have tooo,lol.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

save your self the hassle and get it from tyler
Old 07-25-2005, 08:26 AM
TECH Veteran

I got mine from Tyler and it fit perfectly.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default bracket

Which bracket are ya'll talking about?
Old 07-25-2005, 08:54 AM
TECH Veteran

The one that goes behind the booster to mount the hyd. slave cyl. for the clutch.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

tee toe i was also wondering if you sell just the pedle bracket for a second gen insted of the entire kit?
Old 07-25-2005, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Default bracket templet

I went ahead and made mine today and it worked out great. I made a template if anyone is interested I can email them a copy of it. Just print it out tape it on a piece of 1/8'' plate and centerpunch the the dots and then drill it out to the specs on the template and then cut out the outline and you bend it at the designated place on the template. I made this to work on a first gen camaro but I am sure that it will also work on anything that will have the same bolt pattern. I also made a couple mods to a 4th gen booster to work with it. And if you need a clutch pedal I made some mods to the 4th gen brake pedal that worked like a charm, I would be happy to send pics of this if anyone needs them. What i did was i removed the brake pedal from the pedal assembly and cut it in half fliped one side around, welded it back together and put a slight bend in it just above the pedal to plumb the pedal back up. I know that this sounds crazy but it worked like a charm an looks great. Anyone can do these little projects. After I got the correct template made it only took 30 min. to make the bracket and about that on the booster and then again on the pedal. if you are interested just let me know and I will be happy to send it to you.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

I don't know if I'll need the template for my '66 El Camino, but I'd like to see pics of the area and bracket being discussed.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by petroltherapy; 07-26-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls67
I went ahead and made mine today and it worked out great. I made a template if anyone is interested I can email them a copy of it. Just print it out tape it on a piece of 1/8'' plate and centerpunch the the dots and then drill it out to the specs on the template and then cut out the outline and you bend it at the designated place on the template. I made this to work on a first gen camaro but I am sure that it will also work on anything that will have the same bolt pattern. I also made a couple mods to a 4th gen booster to work with it. And if you need a clutch pedal I made some mods to the 4th gen brake pedal that worked like a charm, I would be happy to send pics of this if anyone needs them. What i did was i removed the brake pedal from the pedal assembly and cut it in half fliped one side around, welded it back together and put a slight bend in it just above the pedal to plumb the pedal back up. I know that this sounds crazy but it worked like a charm an looks great. Anyone can do these little projects. After I got the correct template made it only took 30 min. to make the bracket and about that on the booster and then again on the pedal. if you are interested just let me know and I will be happy to send it to you.
i will send you a PM. please end me all the info and pics if you hvae them!!!

Quick Reply: T56 Firewall Bracket