Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 vortec newbie w/ questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 vortec newbie w/ questions

I am currently about to start puttinga 5.3 vortec truck motor in my 03 jeep wrangler,I am confused about how to address the motors title,is it a vortec,ls1,gen lll,what?when asking a quetion about it what shoudl I refer ti it as?
also I am about to start trimming the wiring harness down to just the necesaties,I am running the 4l60e,electrc fans,a/c, and would like to engage the tow/haul feature for the tranny,any one know of a write up to show what wires to remove and which to keep?
Thanks a lot I have been studying hard this subject just needed a little help.
Jim In Florida
Old 08-24-2005, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gen III
Old 08-25-2005, 11:10 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is a list of what you need to fire it up. If you have my underhood bussed relay diagram it will make more sense, But you could probably figure it out without it. https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/359970-2002-silverado-wiring-harness.html

Just fired my motor up for the first time tonight, Test drive tomorrow

The tow haul feature I don`t know for sure if you can engage it, I was told by my programmer that normally you need the BCM to engage it. But he made it so that I can engage it by putting a temporary ground to one of the pcm pins. I don`t know if he changed something to do that or not. Also don`t forget that the truck VATS must be deleted in that computer, you can`t use a by-pass box like a camaro.