Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 swap into 1986 El Camino - Thank you

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default LS1 swap into 1986 El Camino - Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that posted to my thread and answered all my questions. Your help was greatly appreciated. I want to personnally thank the following people:

John Bzdel - For answering my questions from the start and for the motor mounts and modified oil pan. The mounts and oil pan made this swap almost a plug-in-play, along with a G-Force transmission crossmember for G-Bodys and for the 4l60e.

John at SpearTech - I got the motor, transmission, PCM, Corvette Drive-By-Wire, and custom harness all from John. John started the motor up on the crate when I went to pick it up so I knew it would run when I got it in the car. John answered my questions and corrected me when I was mistaken. He made a custom harness to my specified length so I could mount the computer in the passenger kick panel just like the factory computer. His support was awesome! I would highly recommend SpearTech to anyone.

There are others that gave me answers to my questions and I can't name them all but they are all listed in the thread. I thank everyone for their help.

Gbody installed a truck LS1 and customized his harness himself and did it in record time. By far a harder install than mine. It was nice to have someone else with an El Camino doing an install at the same time.

I will add my support to others on this forum and answer any questions about my install.

Again THANK YOU GUYS.

James
Old 10-21-2005, 09:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

You're welcome and congrat's again for sticking with the plan and following through with everything. You'll never regret doing this!