Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advance adapters kit/anyone used it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advance adapters kit/anyone used it?

The kit i got from advance adapters is weird. The flexplate is right but the crank spacer doesnt make any since. It is the same size as the converter pilot that i have and the converter doesnt even go at all close to going in the crank. So if i pressed this spacer into the crank it wouldnt even touch the torque converter and its the same size od as the converter pilot so it isnt supposed to go into the spacer i am confused any help out there??????
Old 11-02-2005, 04:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

when i used the spacer the order was as follows: crank, flexplate, then spacer. the spacer when on after the flexplate essentially making the converter pilot longer.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:46 AM
TECH Regular

I just dont understand that the spacer goes into the crank but it is the same od as the pilot on the tc. and also the converter is about .060 from going into the crank. So if i press this spacer into the crank its not evn going to touch it and the pilot does go into it or anything.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

maybe we're talking about different spacers? i bought my crank spacer from gm. it extended the shorter GENIII crank to the old SBC length allowing me to use my stock th-350 converter. there was no pressing the spacer onto the back of the crank, it fit snug but that was it. can you post a picture of what you have?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

I Called Advance Adapters And Found Out They Sent Me The Wrong Spacer But The Right Flexplate So They Are Sending Me The Right On.

Thanks For All The Help Guys